WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys new to this site and new to Tag watches. I recently bought The aquqracer gmt with the Pepsi dial. Apparently it was never registered with Tag as I got it from an unauthorised dealer, I didn't know a watch made by Tag wouldn't be registered with them! Anyway I got the watch today and yes it looks great, however the bezel is concerning me. It has a nice click to it but it seems a bit loose to me with a bit of movement. I did see a thread earlier that I now can't find, with the same issue, not a Pepsi dial but still on an aqua racer. He posted 2 vids showing the play in the bezel and its pretty much the same thing on my watch. The answers to the guys thread was a mixed bunch with a few people saying it was normal and ok and few saying it doesn't look right. The second issue I have is the date window seems a little squint to me, maybe its my eyes, if you guys can have a look and let me know what you think it would be appreciated. Hopefully the pic is good enough. If its fake I will be disappointed but can get my money back which is good.
Thanks for your help in advance

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,350 Posts
I would want to see a good clear photo of the movement and the case back (both sides) before commenting on its authenticity. It does look like that crystal is off a bit but it may have been replaced at some point. The fact that the watch wasn't 'registered' with Tag may be down to the original purchaser not filing his warranty card or that he bought it from the grey market and Tag would not warranty it. There may be other reasons but those are the first two that came to mind.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Hi guys new to this site and new to Tag watches. I recently bought The aquqracer gmt with the Pepsi dial. Apparently it was never registered with Tag as I got it from an unauthorised dealer, I didn't know a watch made by Tag wouldn't be registered with them! Anyway I got the watch today and yes it looks great, however the bezel is concerning me. It has a nice click to it but it seems a bit loose to me with a bit of movement. I did see a thread earlier that I now can't find, with the same issue, not a Pepsi dial but still on an aqua racer. He posted 2 vids showing the play in the bezel and its pretty much the same thing on my watch. The answers to the guys thread was a mixed bunch with a few people saying it was normal and ok and few saying it doesn't look right. The second issue I have is the date window seems a little squint to me, maybe its my eyes, if you guys can have a look and let me know what you think it would be appreciated. Hopefully the pic is good enough. If its fake I will be disappointed but can get my money back which is good.
Thanks for your help in advance
Any half decent fake is difficult to tell by a picture. If it is a quartz, it will almost certainly have a cheap movement in the back, which is easy to identify. The back needs to come off. If you purchased it from a reputable retailer, I would think it is real

·
Super Moderator
16,090 Posts
...seems a little squint to me,
I am sorry, but "SQUINT" is not a recognized horological term.
Could someone please ease my confusion?

·
Super Moderator
16,090 Posts
Thanks, Mike.
Maybe my kid needs to get me a new dictionary for (whatever holiday comes next).

·
Super Moderator
16,090 Posts
Oh, really??? I have a hard enough time keeping up with American slang.
(I'm good with "to diss someone", but even now, I'm still not comfortable with "phat".
And I won't go anywhere near hip-hop!
Building Font Event House Magenta

Reactions: mikeyt_53
1 - 8 of 8 Posts