WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again fellow netizens, it has been a while! Hoping everything's safe and sound. I rather not necro an old post and since there's much to be talked about let's just jump right into it.

Following the advice and feedback from part one of the post, I invested into another two pieces of PP before the July price increase in 2011. With a collection of two Perpetuals, one Annual and one World time, I was able to secure my first piece of application in 2012 -- an iconic 5270G. I also picked up a 5961P along with it, it is a show-piece but also rather hard to find.
That again, confirmed the truth told by our veteran members -- "No money, no honey". I really wish I could say more but I rather maintain a long and healthy relationship with the AD. If you want the gist of the process then please refer to the older post with the same title.

The next piece in my mind is the heavily contested 5131G. The AD told us they could get one to two pieces each year due to obvious reasons; they also commented it is "the mist difficult piece to get".I also saw some application papers for the 5131 -- clients boasting an impressive arsenal of watches from Jaeger to Rolex, from Calavatra to Split-Seconds. To be perfectly honest I severly underestimated the difficulty of obtaining a 5131 until now. I would like to hear from the community -- it seems as if there's no real way to "actively persue" a 5131 by any means.

It is no secret now that a new PP Salon and museum is being erected on Rodeo Dr. in Los Angeles. With the PP salon set to open before Father's Day in 2012, I would like to hear some opinions from our community -- do you think it has the potential to shift the PP market from an Asia-EU focus back to the US? With February approaching and most other luxury brand raising their prices, how is the outlook for PP in 2012? Three more consecutive raises on the way!?:blink:

Last but not least, I would like to express my most sincere gratitude to all members of the board -- especially the veteran members with the know-how pointing directly at the critical parts of the application process. Without you guys I could never achieve the collection that I have right now, you have my thanks.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Congratulations on getting these two new Pateks..........

The 5270 is a cracking looking piece imo.

Enjoy it and good luck with acquiring the other pieces.

Are you aiming for either a 5207P or 5208P in your collection?

Now those I would love to see:001_tt1:

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats on your recent acquisition...

These are no ordinary feat and require extreme patience, focus and determination as well as plenty of luck. I wish you well on your quest for the 5131 and other PP grand complications.

As to your other query, I hope there won't be another three consecutive price increases for this year. But you'll never know how the various interplay of market force, competition, value chain, etc will shape the demand and supply for Patek timepieces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts