WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might interest you: Apple pays up for lifting the design of a Swiss clock

A company that fiercely protects its own intellectual property got caught borrowing another's FORTUNE -- The irony of Apple (AAPL) being accused of stealing the intellectual property of a Swiss clock designer was not lost on the tech press that had just spent a month covering the company's patent infringement suit against Samsung.
So when the Swiss railway operator SBB politely complained three weeks ago that the face of the clock MORE.....
Read full article
Apple pays up for lifting the design of a Swiss clock - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

·
Registered
88 Posts
You'd think that with all the techs, nerds, and geeks working for Apple; that they'd have come up with a design of their own.

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The difference between apple and Samsung is that when the Swiss claimed infringement, apple agreed to pay. No fight, no mess. Samsung continues to fight and deny infringement.
Absolutely EXCELLENT point.
If you expect people to follow your patents, then you must abide to others.
Hence Apple did not fight, complain, whinge Oe delay.
They settled immediately.

Regards

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
I'd love to know what Apple paid. The fact that part of the agreement was it remains confidential leads me to believe Apple paid very little. After all, Apple demands others pay about 10x's what Apple pays while they pay pennies because 'they're the big boys'.

Also, each case is slightly different so the fact Apple settled quickly doesn't mean to me they took a high road or 'manned-up" in the least. Looking at this case (I did not follow the Apple / Samsung case closely, but I know there was some debate on the design differences) this case is extremely clear the design was copied 100%. So someone didn't use the design and tweak it a bit to come up with this, they just took the easy route and simply copied it 100%.

When you've been caught on camera robbing the bank without a mask, smile at the camera and wave as you leave while dropping your wallet & ID on the floor of the bank, you don't go to trial...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Mondaine is now claiming that the railline did not have the right to lisc. the design, only they have the right.

And on it goes...................................

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.