WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I just got a Seiko Presage secondhand, wore it once, and then picked it up a few days later to see a thin piece of plastic sticking out of the date window. Attaching pics.

Is this just a simply a piece of debris? Or is it a clear sign of a bigger issue, like the movement stripping/shredding something inside?
And if anyone could guesstimate how much this repair/extraction might cost, I'd greatly appreciate that.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Hi everyone - I just got a Seiko Presage secondhand, wore it once, and then picked it up a few days later to see a thin piece of plastic sticking out of the date window. Attaching pics.

Is this just a simply a piece of debris? Or is it a clear sign of a bigger issue, like the movement stripping/shredding something inside?
And if anyone could guesstimate how much this repair/extraction might cost, I'd greatly appreciate that.

Thank you!
I have no idea what’s going on there. Get it to a watch maker immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
5,838 Posts
If i had to guess, i would suggest that it is the outer edge of the date wheel that has been sheared off but you wont really know until its opened up. It's not a difficult job either if you are somewhat competent with watch tools. Remove the movement from the case, carefully remove the hands from the dial, find the dial release screws and undo them then lift the dial from the movement and all will be revealed. If you are not competent then yes, take it to a watch repair facility (NOT one of those watch kiosks in your local mall) and let them do the work. I would think the repair cost will be under $100.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts