Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember Hullabaloo and Shindig,
kind of,

diver88:cool1:

You are making me feel my age there:D There is a lot about the 60's I don't remember :thumbup: but I remember the music. And the S**, and the war.

·
Super Moderator
15,503 Posts
:scared: No one mentioned American Bandstand???:scared:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Lloyd Thaxton.....wasn't he just in the California market ????? and American bandstand can't count here......it was on for too many decades.......

my personal favorite was .........Hootenanny !

YouTube - Hootenanny Television Show Trailer

I had forgotten that people like Woody Allen and Bill Cosby were also on this show !

YouTube - Bob Gibson - To Morrow

and that is Bob Gibson on Hootenanny......a musicians musician .......and that song is a long time favorite of mine .....cracked me up as a kid and still does.....*note the 5 string banjo he is playing, it has been altered to sport an extra long neck (by about 5 frets if I am not mistaken) Pete Seegar has been credited with designing it ....hence the name "Seegar neck" *.....and he has twice the metal brackets around the head.....and the back is off.....the folk banjo ! we folkies did curl our lips at the 4 string short New Orleans banjo.....feh !:cool1:

oh lord, don't get me started on music .......

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Yes. We got Shindig and Hullaballoo in Ohio. I was a young boy and they certainly got my attention with the mini-skirts and cool hippy girl dancing. :w00t:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
White Go-Go boots !!!......every girl in California had a pair......me and my sister ...of course !......of course we were just too hip for words........

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
heard the name ......but .......Madras Jackets !!!!!!!! haven't thought of those for decades.......

and did any of you guys take the little loop of the back of your madras shirts???????....or does anyone even know what I'm talking about ????

and Chukka boots ( aka desert boots).....( oh we girls paid attention to what you guys were wearing ....yep we did .....

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
and did any of you guys take the little loop of the back of your madras shirts???????....or does anyone even know what I'm talking about ????
I remember the girls bothering me about getting my 'loops' off of my madras shirts. I even remember white capri pants for boys with a stripe down the side. I had freckles and a turned-up nose and boy was I cute! :wink:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Clutch Cargo, and I thought I was the only one who knew of him! A real hero!

Collegiate or Greaser???

Penny loafers or wingtips??????

·
Registered
931 Posts
and Chukka boots ( aka desert boots)...
I remember wearing desert boots in elementary school (late 60's/early 70's), and some kind of green ankle high boots with waffle soles as I recall... waffle something or ruther or maybe jungle boots?... can't recall the name. And there was the cowboy boot craze somewhere in there too :001_smile:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts