WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at buying one of these guys as a christmas gift to myself. Just wondered how everyone felt about them. I love the lug design, and I love that its 44mm. Perfect size for me. So if anyones got pics (wristshots included!!) would you mind throwing them up here? Also, hows the fit and finish, general quality? Theyre really affordable, in a brand that Ive never heard many complaints about, so just checking to see what everyone thinks.

THANKS!! John

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
I, too, have been eyeballing one of these. They're not grotesquely expensive, and everything I've read about them has been positive; not a single negative thing have I found.

My next three will likely be a Seastar, the Forum Watch, and somethin' else.

Maybe if the "Quarterly Bonus Gods" smile upon me, I can look at a Planet Ocean, too...

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
I bought one about two months ago and returned it.
I was a bit disappointed in the look, fit and finish. Didn't think it was up to Tissot's usual standards. But that's simply my opinion.

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Yes, Mr. Fish, and that was one of the reasons I returned it.
I have also recently received a 44 mm Invicta Meteorite Dial Pro Diver. It is large. But it is much nicer than the Tissot.
Of course, it cost more, too.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I own a Seastar 1000 and this is where I disagree with Boscoe.

You're getting a lot of watch for the money with this one. This watch was sold to generate business and PR for Tissot the year it was released and they gave a lot of value. It has a satin and polished finish on it that is a bit different than most satin finishes. Mine has an excellent fit and finish and has worked flawlessly for three years. It keeps time really well and is a solid, heavy watch. I know I may be committing sacrilege, but under nice lighting, it looks much better than my Speedmaster does. People complain about the bezel, but that's what sets it apart from all the others. The sapphire crystal is domed, and that makes it hard to photograph. I think that's why it may not be as popular as it should be. If it has any shortcomings, it would be the hollow end links and some people don't like the sound of the bezel turning. To me it's got it's own sound brother. It's not another Submariner ripoff. That's what I love most about it. Identity.

I have the blue face model which is by far the best looking of the three. The black face is too sporty looking and only comes on a rubber strap. The silver dial makes the watch too monotone. Too much silver. The blue makes it look like a gem.

For the money, you can't go wrong and can't beat it. Swiss made, ETA movement, sapphire front and back, diver extension, 300m water resistance.

I say go for it. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
i owned one, i sold it to my friend cuz after 2 months, he forced me to sell it to him cuz he was crazy about it. i will someday buy it again cuz i loved mine.

its a big, modern, quality made, original design diver watch, i recommend it.
and the caseback is cute.
tissot has the best value ever...
here are some pics.

·
Registered
979 Posts
@wilfreb,

Those are great photos! Awesome. They're the best photos I've ever seen of the silver dial. The watch looks a lot better in your pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts