WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nadal's $380,000 watch stolen from hotel June 13, 2012 - 6:32AM

Rafael Nadal has had a 300,000 euro ($380,000) luxury watch stolen from the Paris hotel where he stayed with his parents during the French Open.

Nadal's parents noticed that the watch, which was on loan from luxury watchmaker Richard Mille, had disappeared from their room in a hotel in Paris's upscale eighth arrondissement and reported it stolen, a police source said.

French newspaper reports said the company had lent Nadal the watch for the French Open, which the Spanish tennis sensation won for a record seventh time, beating Serbia's Novak Djokovic

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/...-from-hotel-20120613-208r7.html#ixzz1xcXrNFfS

up on the bay maybe?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Reactions: CometHunter

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts
Apparently all the media photographers and graphic artists were on vacation that day. :glare:
Here's the watch in question:
the Richard Mille RM27 Rafael Nadal

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
He must be staying in a cheap hotel if there's no safe... oh wait, it wasn't his watch so why would he care about securing it before leaving the room?
Maybe Casio can give him a G-Shock for next year's tournament. (And that in no way is meant to diminish G-Shocks by the way)

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Again? Wow, I can't imagine RM will be thrilled to give him another.
But they probably will give him another one to wear....TALKING ABOUT it is the best advertisement they
could hope for....MUCH better than if he just wore it and then 'maybe' you would see a picture here or there
of a watch that cannot be recognized by others. Now 'everyone' knows it was Richard Mille that was stolen ;-)

Who knows, maybe the whole theft was 'pre-arranged, LOL !!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Who knows, maybe the whole theft was 'pre-arranged, LOL !!

That's exactly what I thought.... After all, taking MSRP out, how much in actual cost you think they have in these? They're getting a lot of buzz for probably very little money. After all, if their brand is so desirable a thief stalks Nadal twice to get his watch they gotta be the hottest got-to-have watch to get, right? :lol: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
one of those situations when big brother watching, helps solve a crime....funny in a way if the security logs would have shown something else everybody would be complaining privacy issues???

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bummer i was not around the railway where the watch was hidden...let's see, a finder's fee of 10% equals thoughts of the watch company that gives watches to Roger Federer.....

i am kind of bummed out that the watch did not make it to the bay. it would have interesting to hear the story from the seller.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I guess this has derailed his plans for a career in theft, and now he's on a fast track to prison.
End of the line, pal....
(sorry, lost my train of thought for a moment there)
:001_rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts
Careful there...those loco motives of yours are showing and we wouldn't want to see you railroaded out of WTF! :T

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts
Tolerance, Grasshopper!...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :001_smile:

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Said this before but it's worth noting since the thread has turned to comments on RM watches.

I used to snicker at any RM and bunch them with Hublot and the like..... until I tried one on at the Timekeeper's show in NYC. It fit like it was made for me and was so light I had to ask if it was a gutted display drone. If I lived at that stratospheric income level I'd own one for sure. I think it was the aluminum model that cost about $50K.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.