WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Hello

Welcome to the American Forum!

(I take it you were a Diff'rent Strokes fan... poor Gary!):sad:

Anyway from the looks of that Benrus (we call em' bennies here)
It is 70-80's quartz, not a solid gold or precious metal watch,
but kinda cool looking.

Is it an heirloom? Because they tend to have more of a "value" than just money.

There are several dozen "similar" Quartz Benrus on ebay right now from $7.99 to $75
"Buy it now"

Enjoy the Forum and stop by anytime. We love Bennies!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I was a fan as a kid of Diff'rent Strokes. :cool1:

It's not an heirloom at all. My roomate got it as a gift some years ago, left it here and said I could sell it if I wanted to.

It sounds like you don't think it's probably worth very much based on eBay. I haven't been able to find it with the serial number or by combing through images of Benrus watches on Google, etc. -- could it be that this watch is rare or just not worth being up anywhere with a photo?

Also, could you please steer me towards those eBay links? Thank you so much for your help. :biggrin:

Welcome to the American Forum!

(I take it you were a Diff'rent Strokes fan... poor Gary!):sad:

Anyway from the looks of that Benrus (we call em' bennies here)
It is 70-80's quartz, not a solid gold or precious metal watch,
but kinda cool looking.

Is it an heirloom? Because they tend to have more of a "value" than just money.

There are several dozen "similar" Quartz Benrus on ebay right now from $7.99 to $75
"Buy it now"

Enjoy the Forum and stop by anytime. We love Bennies!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I was a fan as a kid of Diff'rent Strokes. :cool1:

It's not an heirloom at all. My roomate got it as a gift some years ago, left it here and said I could sell it if I wanted to.

It sounds like you don't think it's probably worth very much based on eBay. I haven't been able to find it with the serial number or by combing through images of Benrus watches on Google, etc. -- could it be that this watch is rare or just not worth being up anywhere with a photo?

Also, could you please steer me towards those eBay links? Thank you so much for your help. :biggrin:
If you go to the main page on ebay just type in "benrus quartz" and go to the "jewelery/watches"
column and you will find a bunch... they are all about the same "relative" value.

Your watch is "cooler" vs. a big ticket item.

Like I said, it is a battery operated, non mechanical Benrus, that in these times doesn't command
a high value, but is fun to wear. (IMO)

Enjoy it!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your help. I think I'll just drop it off at Goodwill or something.

:biggrin:

If you go to the main page on ebay just type in "benrus quartz" and go to the "jewelery/watches"
column and you will find a bunch... they are all about the same "relative" value.

Your watch is "cooler" vs. a big ticket item.

Like I said, it is a battery operated, non mechanical Benrus, that in these times doesn't command
a high value, but is fun to wear. (IMO)

Enjoy it!:thumbup1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.