WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen several references to "Fluckinger dial" and have recently come across a "Plain Square" with such a dial. (Lovely by the way!). But I've searched this website, and also done google and bing searches, and I can't come up with any info on this company. I've also seen it spelled FLUCKIGER without the "N" but I believe the correct spelling is with the "N". (Boy, either way, you've got to careful when you type that name!).

In any event, does anyone know anything about this dial company? Where located? Number of years in business? Who else they supplied? Any reference books that mention this company?

Anyone?

Bueller?

I'm really stumped. Up until yesterday, I thought Hamilton made all their dials in house!

Thanks!

Bruce
(brtime)

·
Super Moderator
15,650 Posts
Don't know much, but...

Keep the "N"...it's Fluckinger.
More specifically it started as Fluckinger & Fils SA.
They're located in Saint-Imier, Switzerland. (Yes, they're still there!)
It was a small family business with only about 65-70 workers.
They specialized in making watch dials for high-end companies.
They were eventually re-named Cadrans Fluckinger (cadran is French for "dial")
They were purchased by Patek Philippe in, I believe, 2004 (PP was always their biggest customer)

And Hamilton used a couple different companies to get their dial blanks from. Hamilton's factory painted, printed, and finished the dials

'CADRANS FLUCKINGER' will get you a much more successful Google search

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To "N" or not to "N" ... that is the question

Bill, thanks for your comments. I went to google again and typed in the name CADRANS FLUCKINGER. All the "hits" came up spelled F-L-U-C-K-I-G-E-R with no "N." That included a 2004 press release from The Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry announcing the purchase of the company by Patek Philippe spells the company's name Check it out:

The Swiss Watch Industry - Patek Philippe + Fluckiger & Fils Creation Of Cadrans Fluckiger SA

I guess when I write my article on this, I'll cover my bases and say that the company's name can be found spelled both ways!

Cheers!

Bruce

·
Super Moderator
15,650 Posts
Ooops!:blushing:
Didja ever try to find a screwdriver or something. And even though you're looking right at the silly thing you don't recognize it for what it really is?
That's how it was with me and the letter N. My brain was expecting to see an N so it told my eyes there was an N there. Sheesh!:001_tongue:

ANYWAY... I'm glad you got your info. Good luck on your article.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts