WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one of the many tanks I scaped. It is an ecologically balanced aquarium with live plants from the tropics. This garden in water is very relaxing to behold, just like fine watches. :biggrin:

Autumm Sets

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
That's very nice.

No fauna?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@MrGradyPhilpott: Thx. I have about 60 small Paracheirodon Simulanus (Green Cardinal Tetra), 10 Puntius Denisoni (Indian Redline Barb), 30 Yamato Shrimps, 6 Otocinclus Vittatus and 10 Siamese Algae Eater in the tank.

The tetras are more visible at an earlier stage of plant growth.

Side view of the tank

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
@MrGradyPhilpott: Yes, I have about 60 small Paracheirodon Simulanus, 30 Yamato Shrimps and 10 Siamese Algae Eater in the tank.
But of course, you did say that it was ecologically balanced.

I just didn't see any fish, but then again, my eyesight is not that good anymore.

It must be a wonder to behold personally.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I edited the earlier post to include some other pictures while you were replying. :)

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Very nice. I do not have a set up like that; but, I do have mold in the shower. Does that count? :T:001_tongue::T:001_tongue::T :lol::lol:

Seriously, nice picture.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, you said ecologically balanced. Aside from filtration, is there anything else you need to do? Or is it maintenance free?
I am afraid weekly maintenance is still required. It should cost you between 30mins-45mins of your time to do a 30% water change. I trim the plants once every 3 weeks to keep them in check.

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Bullosa: It has been quite some time since I had an aquarium, so I have to imagine the technology for doing so is quite different. 30-40 mins a week, is not to bad at all, especially for the layout of your tank. Quite an amazing system you have.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I source my plants primarily from an aquatic plant farm in Singapore. These days a lot of local fish shop may sell them as well.

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Nice... :thumbup1:

You guys got any Largemouth Bass in there? If so, I'm on my way! :lol:

TF - WAYYYYYY too much info there pal... :scared: :scared: :scared: :wink: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Mr Bull

That is such an amazing tank - I could look at these things for ages. Other peoples' tanks I mean. The maintenance just does my head in I'm afraid to say.

Thanks for the pictures and descriptions

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I love aquariums. I had a really nice salt tank when I lived in Phoenix maybe 10 years ago. These days I live in San Francisco. The idea of getting a little tremor and losing my fish/corrals/ invested time would be a bummer. But having to somehow clean up 90 gallons of salt water soaked into my home scares the hell out of me, so no more tanks.

If I someday leave the Bay Area, I'm sure to get another. I love the hobby.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts