WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really considering getting one of these, as I have a big wrist and am just a big guy haha

If anyone has any experience with these I would be grateful if you shared them.

Questions I have:

How comfortable is the watch?
Accuracy?
How is the SS band?

Here the links if anyone is interested
Invicta Men's 1540 Reserve Venom Chronograph Black Carbon Fiber Dial Stainless Steel Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

Invicta Men's 1539 Reserve Venom Chronograph Black Dial Stainless Steel Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I have the 1541, which is the same thing, except it has some rose gold tinting on the bezel.

I 5'10", and this is a huge, heavy watch. After a few hours, it actually weighs on my wrist, of course your mileage may vary and if you are big guy, it might not come into play at all. Also, just be aware, if you are going to wear this beyond a night out on the town, just the sheer size of it comes into play, as in the face seems to hit objects smaller watches don't.

The stainless steel band is fine, but I'd suggest finding one that ships with both the ss and the polyurethane bands (currently I don't see any on Amazon, but sometimes other retailers have the bundle at just a few bucks more). If not, you can usually find the rubber band on ebay. I prefer the polyurethane band because it doesn't wobble on my wrist. The nice thing about this model is that the bands can easily be exchanged by just pushing a release button.

This particular style is my favorite. The retrograde day dial at the top and the big date at the bottom, imho is the best looking of the Reserve Venom line. Also, the carbon fiber face changes color from black to blue when viewed at different angles.

Time wise, it is a Swiss quartz and keeps excellent time.

Just find the best deal that you can and I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Here's an ebay auction that features both the ss and rubber straps. Invicta Reserve Venom 1540 Swiss Made Chronograph Stainless Steel Watch + bands | eBay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.