WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking through my factory service manual for the 218 caliber and ran across one page addressing the 2183 mvt. Can't remember seeing one on The Bay but then, I wasn't looking for one. Some folks wonder why Bulova produced this mvt. One theory is to market it as a dress watch since it can be cased with a thinner case. Here are three pics I ran across. Probably many more case styles. Would be a nice addition to an Accutron collection. Hold on now, the 2183 mvt. is probably in the "MiLady" oval cased 218 I have! Must check. Yep, sure is. Guess I only need the mens watch. Also, none of the 221s have a second hand or date or day/date and some mens Accutrons had the 221 mvt. Don't have one of those, either!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was looking through my factory service manual for the 218 caliber and ran across one page addressing the 2183 mvt. Can't remember seeing one on The Bay but then, I wasn't looking for one. Some folks wonder why Bulova produced this mvt. One theory is to market it as a dress watch since it can be cased with a thinner case. Here are three pics I ran across. Probably many more case styles. Would be a nice addition to an Accutron collection. Hold on now, the 2183 mvt. is probably in the "MiLady" oval cased 218 I have! Must check. Yep, sure is. Guess I only need the mens watch. Also, none of the 221s have a second hand or date or day/date and some mens Accutrons had the 221 mvt. Don't have one of those, either!

That middle one looks like the one I bought advertised as a 218 that turned out to be a 221mvt. Is it a 218 or 221?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.