WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought if we were going to kick off this new place a Sunday Run thread would be helpful. Most of the time that thread goes on for a while.
With that said, I did not bite. Great price but about 47mm is my max.

I really wish they had not done two RD's back to back but after all the multi functions run back to back I should not have been surprised.:cursing:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nope, too big, too yellow. Just not my cup o' tea.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Okay, I'll ask: What's the 12/2 Sunday Run?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe after the yellow sells out they'll offer it in black; then I might bite.
They had a black RD on the run two weeks ago and it did not appear to ever sell out so I don't know how good the yellow will go. But, I hope they are limited and sell out and you get a chance.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Oh, I've got two Invictas hiding in their boxes till Christmas and my birthday, so I really can't justify another. Unless its just fantastically smashing :D

I don't actually foresee a Russian Diver in my future though.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Every month on the 3rd Sunday, Invicta has a "Sunday Run". I guess because of the holidays, they are running one today. Offer a watch at a really good price. You can check it out by going to
www.invictasundayrun.com
Wow, very cool; thanks!

I agree, though, with those who've said that it's a tad "yellow-heavy". I got as far as the payment page, and started to second-guess whether or not I would actually wear a huge yellow watch. Then I started second-guessing whether or not I'd be able to find a black band (hopefully with a deployable clasp) for it.

Then I bailed.

Still, nice to know about that. I'm sure it'll take no time at all before I start hearin' about it from the wife...

·
Registered
9 Posts
January Sunday Run

O.K. I have registered for the Sunday Run. Can anyone give me some examples of the types of wathes that have been included in the past? Are the deals good?

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
It depends on your perspectives, mr. doberman. Many are priced under 100 bucks but most are not the models that are screaming off the shelves at the etailer and retail point of sale. There have been a few good buys in the past several months from two Russian Divers, an all gold IP Grand Diver, and a bunch of ubiquitous Swiss parts multi-function watches.

We usually post a pic of the model a day or two in advance for people to discuss and consider for purchase. The next one won't be until the third Saturday in January.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts