WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you own the very best watch Lum-tec has ever made, is it worth it compared to the other Lum-tecs you own?
I can read the technical specs, but I want to know why the owners of these watches think there the best and worth it.
I am thinking of buying one.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
There have been plenty of praises here about the M26/M28, it really is a wonderful watch.
I have the M26, I went for that model because I really don't need a date and liked the more symmetric look of the dial because of that.

Another reason I got mine is that it features one of ETA's finest, the 2892-2 movement...
Once you have wound one and compared its feel to say a 2824-2 based watch you'll know what buttery smooth really means.
Lastly, my 2892-2 based watches are the most accurate of all my mechanical LT's

Is it worth the price? To me it certainly is, although it is a bit pricey compared to say an M24 Tungsten.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for your input.

I am confused about the mechanical guts of this watch, is it Soprod or ETA?
Or somehow a hybrid of both?

Yet I see in the manual it is specked out as a ETA 9040
I found this link on the Soprod website
9040/2892-A2-SO

Found this quote
The movement is an ETA/Soprod Calibre 9040, coming from an ETA 2892 ebauche. It vibrates at 28,800 vph and has Incabloc shock protection.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hmmm, I was going to wear my Sinn today but it seems that I may have to wear my 26 instead ;).

·
Registered
228 Posts
My M26 is the best watch I have ever seen. Scratch proof Tungsten, silky smooth Soprod movement. It keeps impeccable time, the face is a dark navy blue that looks black at times. Only 50 in the whole world... What's not to like? I get many complements and with the heft I always know its there. I wouldn't trade it for any other Lüm-Tec.

·
Registered
24 Posts
M26 Hands Down !

In my very humble opinion The M26 is REALLY the more attractive...hands down!. The M28 is very nice and having a date window is a must for some guys. With my aging eyes, I can't see the date at arms length anyway on most watches. But my buddy has the M28 and I have the M26. The M26 seems to have a more vivid, more clean and contrasting appearance (dark blue/white) The red accents really pop. The lume on the M28's Arabic numbers seem a tad bit more greenish (which to he and I both) diminishes the contrast that's very beautiful and apparent with the M26's lighter and larger Arabic numbers against that gorgeous navy blue dial. They're both nice but IMHO the M26 is nicer is THE choice. Just say'in :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I went straight to Lum-Tec to look at the tungsten watches about a month ago because I was thinking about getting one, and Sam's Emporium said the only way to get one was direct. I wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much, least of all did I want to spend close to $2k on one. I already owned an M50 and a SCB2 and I totally love them both. All it took was a few minutes looking at every tungsten M series that Bes had in the shop and I jumped on the M28, cost be [email protected]

I was disappointed that it didn't want to keep time well, in fact it was off by over a minute a day. So after a few weeks, I took it back to have them look at it. They found that after regulating it, any movement would cause it to lose it's time keeping. L-T kept it for a few days to disassemble and inspect it. I called to check a few days later, and Bes said they had it back together and were regulating it again and I could pick it up the next day. The customer service at L-T has been flawless and Bes is one of the best people to work with. I have the advantage of living maybe 20 miles from Lum-Tec but rest assured, they will take care of you. It turned out that some debris must have come loose after assembly, and after a thorough cleaning, it was running perfect.

I've only had the watch back for just over 24 hours, but so far it is running +/- 0 seconds! I never had any thoughts about getting rid of it because I knew I could count on Lum-Tec to take care of it and it is just too [email protected] beautiful.

As I said, I love all three of my Lum-Tecs, and probably the Super Combat gets the most wrist time, but I wear the M28 all day every day at work because it looks great and is going to take the most punishment and still look like new at the end of the day. All three are remarkably accurate, the Combat running +5 sec/day and the M50 between -5 and +1 sec/day depending on which direction it rests at night. Moral of the story, you will have no regrets!
Loved reading this story, Freight dog. Thanks. My M28 was my first, and it's still my favorite.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'd say that the my M26 is my favourite watch. It's got it all: a clean dial, with the double A/R giving it a different look, maximum scratch resistance and timing accuracy. I tend to wear it more as a dress watch but it could easily be worn all day every day.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Well I am getting an M26 now, they are down to their last few units.
Get one while you can, You will love it! :thumbup:
I am surprised there are still some available, given the limited number that have been produced.

·
Registered
130 Posts
How can you tell?
Add the watch to your shopping cart and keep upping the quantity. In this case trying a quantity of 2 works but 3 gives you the message that the requested quantity is not available.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't know how accurate that is, because they seem to keep finding M28's. They were out a few weeks ago.
...are you complaining about this? Lol.

The best thing about LT Tungsten Carbide watches, isn't their exclusivity... it's their Tungstenivity.

May there always be just one more! :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts