WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
:thumbup1:nice car

I collected hot rods. Had 7 at one time and now I am down to two and I am selling one of them . Getting close to retiring and trying to downsize everything....

the red one is the keeper and the grey one is for sale

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if anything I own would properly fall under the category of 'rod', but I do have some fairly heavily modified cars.

This one has been rebodied with a fibreglass body (produced by a company called Fiberfab in the late 1960s) and I re-engined it with a 3.4 GM V6.

Another street I own might be called 'roddish' - a 1965 Jensen CV-8 with a big block Chrysler Sixpack and a factory fibreglass body (they built 500 of them).

I also run some other stuff that is more or less stock, as well as a couple of Pontiac sports cars, somewhat modified.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the XKE is one of the most classic cars, and I've always preferred the look of the coupe (preferably series 1 with glass covered headlights), although I have never owned an E type. I've owned an XK150, a Mk 2 and a Mk 9 (large stately barge), the last of which I really wish I'd hung onto.

That car (and me) were much, much younger here.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Yes, the XKE is one of the most classic cars, and I've always preferred the look of the coupe (preferably series 1 with glass covered headlights), although I have never owned an E type. I've owned an XK150, a Mk 2 and a Mk 9 (large stately barge), the last of which I really wish I'd hung onto.

That car (and me) were much, much younger here.

The MK9 is lovely.:001_smile:

Now if I could just find the right MK V.:cool1:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:thumbup1:

I've owned 6 or 8 Triumphs, but don't currently have any. This is an early long door right hand drive TR-2 (with stock engine and drum brakes - scary!) that I ran around a local track (I normally race an MGA).

PS - the Mk V Jag is fine, but shy away from a Mk IV (looks like a Mk V but timber framed which doubles restoration cost)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I guess my grail car would have to be an XKE Convertible. But I don't ever see owning one, that is unless I have a rich uncle that I haven't met ...lol

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Some gorgeous looking cars in this thread. I am looking for a "new" car and have been tossing up what to consider. Having 2 young (6 & 8) kids I need something just a little "sensible", I.e. a back seat. But I also want a fun car o drive. I have seen some old 80s m3's which look like a real fun mix of sport, vintage and appropriateness, but also have thought that a Golf gti or Lexus IS or Mazda RX8 might be worth a look too.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
You folks have shown some great cars, I hope you keep it going. This isn't very sporty, too big and too slow, but I sure like it. It's a 1977 from when GM was trying to figure out gas mileage and smog control and that cut the power way down.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts

(above) Back in the day:
- Blue E36 BMW 325is: auto-crossing at the McDill Air Force Base - very top picture
- Black E36 BMW M3: At Sebring track and Roebling Road Raceway

- Red E46 BMW 3 (my current car) "Before" and "After".
(It was my company car at fisrt, then the vinyl came off after I sold the business).
- Blue E46 3 series factory Dinan - my better half's current car
To me BMWs are a great blend between an every-day car and a 'sports' car.

BTW, some incredible pictures and cars in this thread. Thanks for sharing !

·
Registered
630 Posts
im currently on my third miata
previously owned a red 91 NA (got T boned by an incompetent driver running a stop sign :crying:)
the hefty check from the insurance company bought me a 97 STO NA (still own, sees autoX duty and maybe a conversion to SPEC)
daily driver is a navy blue 2010 grand touring NC cloth top (not nearly as fun as the NA's)

prior to my miata infatuation i drove a 93 240SX (my most fun car to date but lost a battle with a tree)

will probably be selling the miatas this winter, cant see driving one in New Orleans when i move back for grad school

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
More current stable members

1958 MGA Twin Cam race car

1969 MGC (six cylinder, this one with a 175 BHP built triple carb engine)

1969 Lamborghini Islero S (one of 100 built with 4 litre 350 BHP V12 quad cam engine and more Webers than I want to tune!)

1962 MGA Deluxe (rare 4 wheel disc brake model) coupe

2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe (1200 made, this one has been set up fairly conservatively to give 350 BHP out of a 2 litre 4 cylinder Ecotec engine)

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT (only year with good suspension design, this one set up with a 300 BHP turbo engine)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.