WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Lum-Tec folks. We've got some progress pics of the 300M's, the V series, any progress love for the Bronze M models coming soon?

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Hey Lum-Tec folks. We've got some progress pics of the 300M's, the V series, any progress love for the Bronze M models coming soon?
Not yet...Still working on getting the material right. Molds are already made but the look will be the same as our M tungsten case just in bronze.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the update Chris. I'm curious to see the tone of the bronze in contrast to the dial. Since I have an M24, I already know I like the shape of the case :biggrin:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I hear you Patrick, I'm dying for some bronze news!! I know it's still 4 months or so off, but give us something ;0)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does anyone know if bronze is heavier or lighter than tungsten? Just curious if it will weigh as much as the M Tungsten.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tungsten is HEAVY

Does anyone know if bronze is heavier or lighter than tungsten? Just curious if it will weigh as much as the M Tungsten.
A quick browse on the web says:
- Bronze (Sn) has a specific gravity of 7400-8900 kg per cubic meter
- Tungsten Carbide has a specific gravity of 14290 kg per cubic meter
- Stainless 316 has a specific gravity of about 7950 kg per cubic meter.

So, Bronze (with tin) should be very similar in weight to 316 Stainless, but Tungsten is almost twice the weight! :w00t: Talk about wrist presence!! :cool1:

·
Registered
108 Posts
A quick browse on the web says:
- Bronze (Sn) has a specific gravity of 7400-8900 kg per cubic meter
- Tungsten Carbide has a specific gravity of 14290 kg per cubic meter
- Stainless 316 has a specific gravity of about 7950 kg per cubic meter.

So, Bronze (with tin) should be very similar in weight to 316 Stainless, but Tungsten is almost twice the weight! :w00t: Talk about wrist presence!! :cool1:
This is good news for me. As much as I loved the Tungsten model, it was just too heavy for my tastes. Now I want the bronze M even more!

Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
I'm dying to see a sample of the bronze M53/54. Torn between a black dial or a brown dial which I do not have.
It will be a bit before we have cases done for those. We are still working on the material. Once we have it as strong and scratch resistant as we want it we will proceed on making the cases. All other components are in production already. Lots of metal testing still left to do. Its a slow process.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Just a thought, Chris: I'm not so sure you need to focus to heavily on scratch resistance for a bronze case. It seems to me that for most people, patina, scrapes, dings and scratches are what gives a bronze watch its character. No doubt there's some who will want continually to work on polishing the case, because bronze has that character, too. But -- most likely -- they will baby their timepieces. The rest of us are looking for something quite rugged and worn well. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Just a thought, Chris: I'm not so sure you need to focus to heavily on scratch resistance for a bronze case. It seems to me that for most people, patina, scrapes, dings and scratches are what gives a bronze watch its character. No doubt there's some who will want continually to work on polishing the case, because bronze has that character, too. But -- most likely -- they will baby their timepieces. The rest of us are looking for something quite rugged and worn well. :wink:
We want it to patina, but scratches can be somewhat controlled by having the perfect level of temper.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We want it to patina, but scratches can be somewhat controlled by having the perfect level of temper.
Yes, put me in this boat. Looking forward to the patina, but scratches look rough and inferior. I definitely don't baby my watches, and for this reason I desire some level of scratch resistance.

Carry on my wayward son! You always know best.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
We did ask our dealers to not take pre-orders for the M bronze series as we may have none left by the time they are ready. Most are already pre-ordered. It is the safest bet to pre-order directly if you want to actually get one. Once they are actually in stock you could order direct or from any of our authorized dealers. Tic-Tok is a good dealer.

·
Registered
152 Posts
We did ask our dealers to not take pre-orders for the M bronze series as we may have none left by the time they are ready. Most are already pre-ordered. It is the safest bet to pre-order directly if you want to actually get one. Once they are actually in stock you could order direct or from any of our authorized dealers. Tic-Tok is a good dealer.
Thanks for the reply Ray, I already have my preorder in with you guys, and in limited interaction you guys have been a pleasure to deal with (humoring me with my question and all), but a extra free strap is still an extra free strap. It's poor taste on their part IMO to undercut you like that. I suppose this strap may very well be nothing special, but it's an interesting development.

·
Registered
297 Posts
We did ask our dealers to not take pre-orders for the M bronze series as we may have none left by the time they are ready. Most are already pre-ordered.
I'm surprised the M53s and M54s lasted this long. I haven't been this excited about a watch in a LONG time.

Wearing a custom strap with a bronze buckle on my M24 isn't helping. This is my first experience with bronze, and I really like the way it looks as it develops patina.

·
Registered
264 Posts
quick question regarding bronze M series

Does anyone know if the new Bronze M's will come with a bronze buckle?
Looking at some other brands with bronze offerings it appears to me that a steel buckle + bronze case = black sock + white sock. Unfortunately this has happened to me :) The ridicule and bantering lasted all day!

Some companies are including a bronze buckle with their bronze watches. Hope this is true for LT.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Chris, any chance for a bronze/copper brown PVD model for those who may not like the old "patina" look? :laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts