WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have and enjoy owning/wearing a Praesto Aviator. I wonder if there are any other Praesto Aviator owners here? Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I have never heard about this brand but it looks gorgeous. How is the lume holding in the night? Tell us more about this watch. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bullosa, Praesto watches are made in Hong Kong by a company that mostly makes components for other watch companies. The Praesto Aviator was their first model. In checking with the company, they are supposed to have a new model coming out the end of the month.

The Aviator has an automatic movement and keeps good time. It is very different from any other watch I own and I like it. It wears light and is easy to read. The lume is good, but I doubt it would last all night.

They are inexpensive and there are a few of this model left, I think. Check their site. Cheers, Bill P.

Praesto

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Looking at the specs, it has a Miyota movement which should be a reliable workhorse. They use SuperLuminova which is great. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yeah, the problem is that they kind of went belly-up earlier this year. They had a forum on another watch site that shut down nearly a year ago. If you look at their website, they promise a bunch of new models that are due in Feb/Mar of 2011...

I'm HOPING they're coming back. Some of their models looked very nice!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the problem is that they kind of went belly-up earlier this year. They had a forum on another watch site that shut down nearly a year ago. If you look at their website, they promise a bunch of new models that are due in Feb/Mar of 2011...

I'm HOPING they're coming back. Some of their models looked very nice!
I sent an e-mail last night asking about new models. When I get a reply I will pass the info along. I hope the do produce new models. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard from Amos at Praesto. The GMT will ship shortly he said and the pre-order window is only open for a few more days. Here is the link to pre-order. For the money the Praesto has proved to be a good watch, IMHO. Cheers, Bill P.

Praesto GMT Greenwich Model « Praesto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts