WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
They seem to be one of the better priced Rolex; they're great looking as well. Maybe someday I'll find one at the price I want to pay.

PS. After a bit of research, they also tend to be one of the less favored Rolexs, seems they compete with the GMt which has the rotating bezel. Some refer to them as stealth Rolexs.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I bought mine as a post Wedding gift. Exii 39.5mm in white. My 1st true watch and had lots of meaning embedded in it too. Wore it for the birth of my daughter and son. Sold it to move on to Ball watches. I miss it dearly. Especially since I know the current owner is wearing his Breitling everyday instead and the Exii is sludged up and due for servicing before the spring snaps! :scared:

·
Premium Member
24,972 Posts
They seem to be one of the better priced Rolex; they're great looking as well. Maybe someday I'll find one at the price I want to pay.

PS. After a bit of research, they also tend to be one of the less favored Rolexs, seems they compete with the GMt which has the rotating bezel. Some refer to them as stealth Rolexs.
That's true. My first brand new Rolex was a Y series while dial Explorer II, which I sold when I picked up a Daytona years back. I've missed it often since.

I recently picked up this P serial (with a solid end link bracelet) for a song:

I MIGHT sell it if I run across one of the last 5 digit Explorer II's which have the engraved rehaut and the 3186 movement....but otherwise, I don't think I'll sell this one.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
That's true. My first brand new Rolex was a Y series while dial Explorer II, which I sold when I picked up a Daytona years back. I've missed it often since.

I recently picked up this P serial (with a solid end link bracelet) for a song:

I MIGHT sell it if I run across one of the last 5 digit Explorer II's which have the engraved rehaut and the 3186 movement....but otherwise, I don't think I'll sell this one.

I'd love to find another one, I'd even sing for a good price. nice picture John, as always.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My only Rolex at present is a white dial explorer ii 16570. I bought it as an all purpose compromise between a casual sports watch like a sub or gmtmaster, and a formal sports/dress watch like a datejust, but I don't think it is working out. I loved it at first, but now I think I'd rather have the sub and the datejust. I have spent too long looking on forums trying to validate and justify the purchase, whereas with a sub you know you have a great watch, and don't need to seek reassurance. I think it would be fine in a collection of half a dozen Rolexes, but if you only have one or two the sub, gmtmaster, or datejust would be a better bet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.