WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I just couldn't get the time to go Saturday to the one in Atlanta.

Any of you guys here make it? How was it? Any pics?

·
Banned
4,528 Posts
Bechtel has it on Thursday

I am going to take the day off tomorrow and take the drive to West Palm Beach to see the tour there.

Hope to meet a bunch of you.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
@James13: Not a lot of watches? I thought the purpose of the museum was not only to promote the history of the company; but, also for the public to see a wide range of current offerings. I am surprised to hear this. In fact, I was under the impression, some ADs got extra watches due to the demand at that time.

·
Registered
885 Posts
@TF I was a bit surprised as well. The show I went to in Atlanta was at Worthmore Jewelers and they simply did not have as many models as I have seen at other AD's. As far as vintage pieces I only saw a handful as well, but it was well worth the trip just to hear some of the history and the vision for the future of the company. From what I was told Ball intends to be completely in-house within 5 to 7 years.:thumbup1:

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
If Ball does go all in house as James mentions, what does that do to the current offerings of Ball watches? Do they go up in value or down? Any ideas?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I suspect it will make little difference in the value of their current offerings. What will be interesting to see is what type of price hike we can expect when they are fully vertical.
JMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts