WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday, Patrick became the first woman in history to win the pole position for NASCAR’s biggest race, guaranteeing her a spot in the upcoming Daytona 500.
In 2005, Patrick was the first woman to lead laps in the Indianapolis 500, and her 2009 third-place finish in open-wheel’s biggest race is still the high mark for a woman. She is the only woman to win a major open-wheel race, taking the trophy at IndyCar’s race in Motegi, Japan in 2008.
A year ago Patrick won the pole position for the Nationwide Series, the first time a woman had started first in a NASCAR-sanctioned race here.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I watch Nascar races until the weather gets nice enough for outdoor activities so I guess I'm a lukewarm fan. I seem to enjoy the racing styles of Tony Stewart or Kyle Busch the most.
If I go to a race it is a drag race.

·
Super Moderator
16,558 Posts
Not a NASCAR fan, but I keep an eye on Danica (no pun intended). We should show support for our Brand Ambassadors!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Automotive tire Tire Crowd Racing Engineering
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
I went to the Capitol City 400 race in Richmond last April, and when I lived in Florida, I used to go to the Budweiser Grand Prix every year down in Miami. Got to see Danica race in Va. love NASCAR, didn't get to go alot in New Jersey but here in Va. I have better chances.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I used to be a fan, not so much these days... I've been to Michigan International and to Talladega Alabama (3) occasions...the last time at Talladega was the best, I took my 24ft travel trailer, had buddies rent a motor home, other friends brought another motor home, there was 26 of us friends from Texas, Florida, Ohio and Indiana for 5 days of racing and partying..

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Danica Patrick in Sport's Illustrated in skimpy attire - yes, I'm a fan. I'm a fan of any petite brunette who's attractive and wearing a bathing suit.

Danica Patrick the race car driver? I don't watch driving in circles making left turns so no, I'm not a fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.