WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunno how long the Stolas forum has been on here, but I literally just noticed it this weekend, and started poking around the site. The new Warthog + watch is very interesting, but I'm wondering if any Lum-tec owners have a Stolas and can comment on fit, finish, and the feel of the watch case, dial etc. compared to another micro brand like Lum-Tec (That all of us that are here know and love). Figured since they use Lum-Tec lume on part of their dials there may be some cross over in awareness and ownership.

The pre-order prices are very tempting, although I have an email out to Curtis asking a couple questions about this upcoming line that I couldn't find answers to here or on their site before I jump all in.

I'd have posed the reverse of this question in the Stolas forum, but it seems to be a bit quiet over there...

Any feedback would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hadn't heard of the brand before, so I had to look them up.

I really like the dial on the Warthog (what a stupid name for a watch btw). Having the seconds and 7 and the date between 4 and 5 is really nice looking and so are the numerals. But that's about it to me. The rest of the watch leaves me so bored and un-exited that the dial just dies with it. Too bad. A dial like that in a M case Lum-Tec however...

Cheers,

no name

·
Registered
56 Posts
The "Warthog"...while not a sexy name it is the name of a U. S. A. F. aircraft (also known as the "tank killer") the line is a "pilot" line. I also think the "porthole" case is much nicer than the Lum Tec...JMO.

On a side note I wonder why Curtis choose the "Warthog" name when his line up is "Maritime/Naval" oriented and the "tailhook" ?...the Warthog is not a carrier based aircraft.

Don't get me wrong, I've got a Cumulus LE on order so I love his watches, just wondering?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hadn't heard of the brand before, so I had to look them up.

I really like the dial on the Warthog (what a stupid name for a watch btw). Having the seconds and 7 and the date between 4 and 5 is really nice looking and so are the numerals. But that's about it to me. The rest of the watch leaves me so bored and un-exited that the dial just dies with it. Too bad. A dial like that in a M case Lum-Tec however...

Cheers,

no name
I hadn't either. Ironically, I think they may have been on WTF for a while now, just never look at any other forum other then the Lum-Tec one :001_tt2:

The dial is also what drew me in too. I got the Warthog aircraft reference, so being that its a pilot watch, the name doesn't really deter me.

As for the case being plain, that's actually what I liked about the design. Its simple in a good way in my opinion.

Just trying to see if anyone has one of the other already released models that may have some feedback as to the build, etc.

Anyone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts