WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that is curious! Can't say I have ever heard of one. What's the "power booster" thing all about?

Check out this link:
Accutron Spaceview 21 Kinetic 26b06 - Pre-Owned Mens Watches

Interesting. I thought only Seiko was into the kinetic mvt.
That was a limited edition Bulova came out with in 2001 to commemorate the spaceview
but think was actually fitted with a quartz movement instead of a tuning fork. Offcourse the Market wasn't impressed back then with a faux spaceview. Think only 999 were made as a limited edition.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
That was a limited edition Bulova came out with in 2001 to commemorate the spaceview
but think was actually fitted with a quartz movement instead of a tuning fork. Offcourse the Market wasn't impressed back then with a faux spaceview. Think only 999 were made as a limited edition.
Yep, that was one that slipped by me during my "off years" from watch collecting. Yes, it is a Kinetic quartz mvt. One that is recharged by a rotor and wrist mvt. Like I said, I know Seiko has been into that type of mvt. for years. Didn't know Bulova used it. A jeweler/watchmaker friend told me several years ago he thought the Seiko mvt. was a piece of junk. They just removed them and threw them away, inserting a new mvt. Personally, I never had experience with one. I do have a Citizen solar perpetual calendar that I like very much. It is very accurate and has never run down. Supposed to have about a 500 day storage life with full charge!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, that was one that slipped by me during my "off years" from watch collecting. Yes, it is a Kinetic quartz mvt. One that is recharged by a rotor and wrist mvt. Like I said, I know Seiko has been into that type of mvt. for years. Didn't know Bulova used it. A jeweler/watchmaker friend told me several years ago he thought the Seiko mvt. was a piece of junk. They just removed them and threw them away, inserting a new mvt. Personally, I never had experience with one. I do have a Citizen solar perpetual calendar that I like very much. It is very accurate and has never run down. Supposed to have about a 500 day storage life with full charge!
An interesting watch to complete my 1975 and 2010 Anniversaries but with it being quartz not sure if that's a good fit to my other two anniversaries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.