WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all

I am a new member, i joined today!!
I am looking for any info on my Omega Geneve Dynamic, such as date and model number.

I bought it from a friend in 1978, it was secondhand when i bought it, cost me my first ever weeks wage.
The watch has date window and is a wind up watch.
That is basically all i know.

I have looked on various sites to try and find it, but cannot find one like it because mine has numbers on the face where all others i found do not have numbers.

Thank you very much

Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Hello all

I am a new member, i joined today!!
I am looking for any info on my Omega Geneve Dynamic, such as date and model number.

I bought it from a friend in 1978, it was secondhand when i bought it, cost me my first ever weeks wage.
The watch has date window and is a wind up watch.
That is basically all i know.

I have looked on various sites to try and find it, but cannot find one like it because mine has numbers on the face where all others i found do not have numbers.

Thank you very much

Mark
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum! That's a good-looking piece. Truth be told, it has me stumped as well. The dial itself looks original, but the inclusion of the numbers coupled with the lume dots at 3,6,9 and 12 are not something I am familiar with seeing on a Dynamic. That isn't to say it couldn't happen, but I'm not able to provide any more information. As to the mechanical nature, since it isn't an automatic I would guess that it has either a caliber 613 or 1481 inside. If it was an automatic, it would likely have a caliber 565.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tommy

Thank you for the welcome............ Its weird that there isnt another one anywhere that I can find with numbers. Maybe it was a special edition or something??
I used to have it serviced regularly a good few years ago, then it got put in a box in the loft until now. Even after all those years in the box in the loft it still runs and keeps perfect time.
I am thinking about selling it now, but dont have any idea where to take it and get it valued properly............. it needs a couple links replaced as they got dinted when i had a motorcycle crash years ago, but thats about it, apart from needing a good clean.
Thanks for the info on the inside caliber/s....
Here is something funny, I didnt realise it had lume dots until you said!!!! hahahaha

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Any chance of you getting some better pictures of it, Mark? That would help out in determining the chances of it being all original. And you're sure that it will only run with you winding it, and not by giving it a few shakes?

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
That's the bracelet model, so not much help there unfortunately. I'm leaning towards this possibly being legit, but I'd like some of the more knowledgeable folks to weigh in with their opinions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have written to Omega and sent photos and all the info I have to see if they can help at all.

Shouldnt be too long until I get a reply..........

Lol! Omega are not known for good customer service.
Is it possible that the numbers and lume were added after?
Try omegaforums.net they may be able to help.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just heard back from Watches of Switzerland who forwarded all info and photos to Omega Vintage watch dept............

He rang me and confirmed that the watch is in original condition with no alterations and he says it is a very nice and quite rare watch!! Nothing has been added.

So it is now for sale on Ebay......... lol
It doesnt hold any sentimental value for me so I have decided to sell it as it is.

Thanks for all the info and help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.