WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a new member here.. I got this watch from a relative who passed away. I believe it is from 1973 and has the N3 stamp on the bag, and that it is a true tuning fork Accutron - it has a hum and fluid second hand

I don't have any pictures yet but I did make a drawing of it lol

accutron.jpg
full size: http://sandbox.53mp.com/accutron.png

The brown areas I believe are wood, the yellow some kind of metal (the back plate is 10k gold)

Any insight would be great.. thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
First of all abda53, we would like to welcome you to Watch Talk Forums...and especially our Bulova & Accutron Forum! :thumbup1:

What you have there is a very prized and rare Accutron model, affectionately referred to as a "Woody."

For starters, I provide you with a link to another thread here that was posted here nearly 2 years ago where a member was asking about his, and what he could do about having some repairs done to the wood on it. Hopefully, this will give you some idea about this watch until we can dig up some more information on it. CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW:

Accutron Woody

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks for the info and I am checking out the link right now.. any more info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I'll see if I can find something more explanatory and pass it on.

Great watch! :cool1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I did actually see that post before making this one.. I'm curious about how much this watch is worth (I doubt I will be selling it though), I will get pictures soon but it appears to me to be physically in great condition.. it does seem like runs a tad slow but from what I read that is pretty common and fixable. and nice sig... I'm a Navy vet myself

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Navy vet, huh? I spent some time on an LST (USS Barbour County); now decommissioned. And I thought we Marines had it hard! :tongue_smilie: Thanks for your service to our country.

Here's another earlier Thread that I looked up that was started by one of our very knowledgeable members on 218 movement Accutrons, oliverb back on December 1st: Just arrived: Accutron 218 Mark II/GMT

I'm not sure your's is a GMT model (which means that it has that extra hand for keeping time in another time zone) but between myself and some of the other members, I'm sure you will be getting some additional replies with more information on your watch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fun times.. I was mainly stationed on shore in Hawaii and San Diego but was on the USS Ogden (LPD5) for a few months until I hurt my knee.. that was an ooold ship that finally got put out of its misery a few years ago

The watch is NOT a GMT model

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
abda53, welcome to WTF! You are, indeed, fortunate to have a "Woody". That's one model I would like to add to my collection in the future. Hope to see some good pics of your watch.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bid on one with that same case but missing the band and lost the auction. I'd also like to add one of those to my collection :thumbup1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I managed to get a few pictures of it today.. not the greatest camera though.
100_1021.jpg
100_1018.jpg
100_1017.jpg

There is a possibility that I may need to consider selling this (among other things) because of money being very tight right now.. but if anyone was interested, let me know.

·
Registered
254 Posts
VERY NICE!! I think it went for 50 ish. It was trashed though. You easily have an expensive piece. Beautiful too and worth keeping and enjoying

1 - 15 of 15 Posts