WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMAG0257.jpg IMAG0253.jpg Hello, I'm new to this forum & fairly new to watch collecting. I have recently purchased my first Omega. I fell in love with it at first sight, but I don't know what it is. All I know is that the case is stamped 14K, the diamonds have tested positive & it's manual wind up (it runs a bit fast, but that's probably doesn't help identify it!:biggrin:).

I haven't been successful at taking the case apart to get any numbers from the back myself. I took it a jeweler today to get the band replaced, so I asked him to open it & get the numbers for me. He said he did, but when I tried to find my watch through the Omega website using the numbers he provided, I couldn't find anything to match my search. I'm thinking he may not have taken it apart after all, or maybe he mixed up the numbers. In case it helps, these are the numbers he gave me: AA7796 & 457407.

Just curious & hoping somebody might know what I have. Thanks all!

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Welcome! If it's 14ct then the case was made in the US. From the 40's into the 70's Omega shipped movements complete with dial & hands to their American agent Norman Morris to be installed into US made cases manufactured to their specs. The reference number AA7796 (if that is the correct number) probably doesn't show up in the Omega vintage database because of this.

The serial number on the movement will tell what year the watch was made. The one you gave is only 6 digits and Omega serial numbers after 1895 are 7 digits. If you can post a pic of the movement we can identify it.

As far as value, that will be based on the scrap value of the gold and stones. Unfortunately lady's watches aren't as collectable and not nearly sought after as men's watches are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your insight, ulackfocus. As soon as I can remove the back, I will look forward to posting pictures of the movement as well as the numbers I find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts