WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
First time posting...someone i know has this watch that I would like to purchase but both of us have no idea what it's worth.
He says someone told him it was from the 50's.
As you can see all it says is Tachymeter, and it's two watches in one (the top and bottom of the actual watch are 2 faces; the 2 pictures here are of the same watch).

Anyone know anything about this watch?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Jesus people. Go to a local Patek dealer and see what they actually look like.

If you don't have a local dealer, where do you think this "someone I know" actually got it from?

Posted from tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
supposedly an old business associate....I'm gonna go to a dealer when I can

Jesus people. Go to a local Patek dealer and see what they actually look like.

If you don't have a local dealer, where do you think this "someone I know" actually got it from?

Posted from tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i appreciate it....as the good saying goes "if it's too good to be true...."

Would you know somewhere trustworthy where I can pick up an older model from? I love the pocket watch pieces from the 1800's but I would never buy something like that off eBay
Thanks

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've seen some REALLY bad fakes in this forum. It would be funny, were it not for the fact that some people believe they are genuine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Why doesn't someone just say nicely that the watch is a fake instead of just laughing in the poor guys face or deriding him. He came here for advice and got laughed at, that will really bring him back here again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts