WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

a friend, who can't speak English, asked me to post here. He has an English pocket watch movement from Kemp and Wilcox. Fact: there is no winding stem sticking out of the movement, nor is there a hole for the winding stem. Instead there is a gear on the movement. So he needs a case with a gear, which engages the movement's gear. Does anybody know, what I am talking about? Does anybody have such a watch? What my friend is looking for is, aside from the actual case, the right English word. How is such a case called in English? Knowing the names of things often helps in finding them in the internet, on ebay, etc. :001_rolleyes:

Would be great, if anyone could answer. I owe him, so I would be pleased to help him :)

Cheers,
Marco

·
Super Moderator
15,313 Posts
Hi Marco! I think this one is going to be hard to find.
I saw two references to this watch, but they were so old that the pictures are no longer available. One was from an eBay sale back in 2013 and the description mentioned something about "a hinged movement". And, from what I gathered from that seller, working the hinge is what wound the mainspring. I would not be surprised if you had to try NAWCC (the The National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors) to find your information.

If anyone here has more (or better) info, both Marco and I would appreciate it.
This watch sounds even funkier than the Harwood!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts