WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's, I'm pretty new to WTF. Thought I'd post a pic of my first LT. Purchased pre-loved, in 'excellent' condition... and since it needed service, not just timing (Haha, Lol), I sent it in. Now it's back where it belongs... on my wrist and with some new clothes (umm, strap).

m25bg1.jpg m25bg2.jpg

I've enjoyed viewing a lot of posts & pics here, so thought I'd share a bit.

Thanks,
Rob :cool1:

·
Registered
463 Posts
The M25 looks good with lots of straps, that one is no exception. Very nice! Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Lum-atic forum!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Congrats on your first LT! It looks killer on that strap! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys! I was in the market for an 'inexpensive' mechanical... and the M25 impressed me on multiple levels. I only wish I'd bought it new, but it's still all good... well... mostly... What really drew me in was the Tungsten Carbide case & bracelet. I mean; How cool is that? Scratch proof !!! Unreal !!! Unless one were to deliberately try to do it damage, it just can't be done, and it's beautiful to look at. I love it. I read-up on Tungsten Carbide and I liked everything I that read about it; except the nickel part... but even (supposedly) people like me, with skin sensitivities to nickel should be able to wear it with no problems... Not true in my case.

I became allergic to nickel about twenty years ago working in a metal-plating operation. My responsibilities at the time, put me in more intimate contact with nickel (for about two years), than most folks would have in a number of lifetimes. I developed a severe allergy and so, avoid nickel like the plague. Nickel is truly like Kryptonite to me. Still, TC looked good on paper.

As watches go... I'm a bracelet guy. I think a nice bracelet really ties the look all together. I'd hoped to wear this M25 on its bracelet, full time, all the time... who needs a strap? I don't even like straps.

m25br1.jpg

Unfortunately, after about two days of wearing the bracelet (loosely), my wrist blew-up with contact dermatitis. If I wore the bracelet tight, it would've happened within a few hours.

I might've (very regretfully) sold this watch... but I can wear it with straps. The case-back protrudes slightly, and so there's no constant contact from the lugs to my wrist.

I don't plan to become a 'strap horse'. I've yet to put on the rubber... and have a new OEM black/grey stitch, original strap, but I wanted a different look. I've seen some really nice!!! aftermarket straps. The best I've seen that did it for me were pics of a Grey Gator on an M25, that one of the fellows here put-up... and also a (very) few vintage/ammo straps that I've been drawn to. All, far more expensive than this very affordable - faux gator strap that I felt to be a fine looking compromise. :) ...but again, Thanks for the welcome! --Rob

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Very nice, Rob!

It's just my opinion, but I ALWAYS think the Tungsten Lum-Tecs look better with a strap than the bracelet... I love that strap in the first pic.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it just me or is that strap on backwards? Good looking strap though ...
Didn't know there was a backwards or forwards, but yes, you're correct... it's mounted non-traditionally. The watch sits and balances better on my wrist this way, and (fwiw) I think it's a cleaner look with the tail facing inward. Thanks for the compliment on it's looks... a few that I would've preferred were double to quadruple the cost. This style (faux gator) was the nicest looking compromise that I felt worth owning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts