WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Morning All,

Here's one I bought ~25 years ago. I don't really want to put it on eBay, it should really go to a collector of America's heritage I think, but of course a lot depends on the value.

Serial is 19246070, case is 18K, 15 jewels, has A Timmermans 1 Aug '20 engraved inside. It was bought in Belgium, Timmermans is a Belgian name.

More pictures:

So is it worth anything (gold is not too cheap these days), what should I do with it?

Also can anyone tell me anything about it?

·
Registered
446 Posts
The case on your watch is in quite nice condition and looks to be heavy as well. Although the market for these has tapered off some as gold has increased in value, I think the case on its own would still bring over melt value.

The movement won't add significantly to the value of the case.

With that said, the dial on your watch is not original. That particular style dial is typically associated with the high grade Riverside Maximus movement. These dials are in demand, and have significant value on their own. Yours appears to have a few hairlines, but overall looks to be in good condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Adam and Ben,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm guessing that the watch was put together in 1920 in Brussels, this could explain the non-original dial.

Apart from eBay is there anywhere else for Waltham collectors to trade their timepieces? Obviously I could just hold onto this watch but my hobby is Amateur Radio (see Dit Dit Dit > Home) not watches - I bought this as it looked shiny and wasn't expensive at the time, also a very pretty girl worked in the antique shop.

When the sun is shining I'll take better photos, at the moment weather's not good - in fact I think I can hear Noah hammering away outside.

·
Banned
615 Posts
Hi Adam and Ben,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm guessing that the watch was put together in 1920 in Brussels, this could explain the non-original dial.

Apart from eBay is there anywhere else for Waltham collectors to trade their timepieces? Obviously I could just hold onto this watch but my hobby is Amateur Radio (see Dit Dit Dit > Home) not watches - I bought this as it looked shiny and wasn't expensive at the time, also a very pretty girl worked in the antique shop.

When the sun is shining I'll take better photos, at the moment weather's not good - in fact I think I can hear Noah hammering away outside.
LOL
Nice post

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.