WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've wanted a 3411 Tungsten Tide for about a year now. Found one on clearance on TV. Great price (450.00 shipped). Eagerly tracked the package online. Rushed home early today to find... a return. With a rotor (blue even) that has fallen of. Didn't want to wait 2-3 months for Invicta CS. Took it to my local watchmaker. After a year of waiting and then to have it in my hand broke on arrival, this sucks a$$

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
You know something, I have ordered a few watches from that TV show over the last few years. Not one of them came packaged with the white paper and even though they were new it just felt like they were mishandled. Now I ordered one from that bookstore online and wow did it come nice and clean. It even came with an inspection paper. The TV place is making me doubt how they take care of their products. Even the way they ship them, they come in a small box with no protection what so ever to absorb any shock. I may want to try and purchase my next one from a sponsor here and see how that comes.

·
Registered
931 Posts
the only time I'll buy a clearance item again from snbc is if the price is unbeatable by a good margin (or the item is unavailable elsewhere), there is free shipping, and I'm willing to "roll the dice" that I'll get a keeper (i.e. don't mind spending the $'s to send it back)... in other words, go in with low expectations.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I only order off of ebay, through concrete professional companies who inspect and tag their watches. Thats what I would do if I was you. Forget home shopping network and all that crap, online is the ONLY way to go. plus 450 shipped isnt a great deal, I am looking at the same watch for like 425 to the door. Good luck though!:blushing:

·
Banned
820 Posts
Wow that really sucks, too bad Invictas quality control is not better... I hope that your watchmaker will fix that pretty soon. Keep us informed and post pics when you get a chance. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
So I've wanted a 3411 Tungsten Tide for about a year now. Found one on clearance on TV. Great price (450.00 shipped). Eagerly tracked the package online. Rushed home early today to find... a return. With a rotor (blue even) that has fallen of. Didn't want to wait 2-3 months for Invicta CS. Took it to my local watchmaker. After a year of waiting and then to have it in my hand broke on arrival, this sucks a$$
I would venture a guess that this is why so many members have posted negative comments about buying clearance watches and the problems they have had. I say stick with a reputable seller that you know will ship you a new watch still wrapped in the protective plastic.

Tritons Treasures is solid as a rock, I have bought several watches from them and they are factory fresh watches. You may initially save a few bucks at the point of purchase but then you have to deal with frustrations like this. Is it really worth the small savings when you have to take a clearance watch to a watchmaker for repair? I don't risk it and I have no idea why others do.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
What's the risk if you can just send it back free of charge? That's how I like to buy my watches, clearance and from tv. I get prices as low as anywhere you'll find, and you have the magic of valuepays.
If I had the dough to pay 300 or 400 bucks in cash whenever I wanted a watch, I would gladly buy every watch from a sponsor, especially from our homie Triton. Unfortunately, I have to get in where I fit in, as we used to say.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
What's the risk if you can just send it back free of charge? That's how I like to buy my watches, clearance and from tv. I get prices as low as anywhere you'll find, and you have the magic of valuepays.
If I had the dough to pay 300 or 400 bucks in cash whenever I wanted a watch, I would gladly buy every watch from a sponsor, especially from our homie Triton. Unfortunately, I have to get in where I fit in, as we used to say.
Understandable, I try to save my pennies for watches that I really want, or I sell off a watch to fund the purchase of another. Thats why I have owned over 40 Invictas. I will have them for a while and when the design doesn't appeal to me any more or if the watch isn't getting any wrist time, it's gone to make room for another watch or two.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
Sorry for your experience, kona. But couldn't you have sent it back to that shopping channel for a new one instead of taking it to your watchmaker?

·
Banned
927 Posts
Andf that's why THEY continue to do it and ultimately risk a few disappointed customers.

I think it's disgraceful and unethical. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
865 Posts
It's the American way. That's why Walmart continues to do well even in this horrible economy. Stack 'em deep, sell 'em cheap, and squeeze out the smaller guys. People will put up with poor customer service and the risk of defaulty merchandise to get the cheapest price. This is true even when it comes to luxury items. Why do you think the gray market does so well with Omega, Tag, Oris, etc? These prestige brands can wash their hands of the responsibility of warranting these products while still moving product. Then when someone has a problem, the company can always hide behind the gray market stigma. If you didn't get gouged by one of the "authorized dealers," it's not Omega's fault (or any other comparable brand). Somehow they forget that they manufactured the watch.

At least Shop NBC stands behind their products with a 30 day return policy. Am I willing to spend a premium to have the qc department at Shop NBC spend more time to go over each watch with a fine tooth comb and weed out imperfections? Nah, they do well enough. I'd rather pay less and be personally responsible for deciding myself if the watch is up to snuff. I understand that every once in a while a watch will slip through the cracks but that's why I have thirty days to decide for myself. I know it is frustrating to get a broken watch, but really it's a no-lose situation. If you don't like the watch or if it is defective, send it back for a replacement or get your money back.

This isn't Rolex folks. Rolex builds into the price of their watch exemplary service, attention to detail, and "the red carpet treatment" for their customers. But you pay for it. And I'd rather pay $20 shipping for if or when my watch stops working and needs service than to pay for it up front. I'm not shelling out $5000 for a dive watch so that I can be treated like aristocracy. I'm in it for the watch; the design, the quality/value, and that's it. All the other stuff is peripheral... it's nice to have, but I'd rather Invicta invest their dollars on the actual watch than the window dressing. But hey, that's me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
03-01-2008 09:42 AM
Agent Orange Sorry for your experience, kona. But couldn't you have sent it back to that shopping channel for a new one instead of taking it to your watchmaker?

Can't, it was the last one. I haven't seen a blue one like mine for about 6 months now

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
03-01-2008 09:42 AM
Agent Orange Sorry for your experience, kona. But couldn't you have sent it back to that shopping channel for a new one instead of taking it to your watchmaker?

Can't, it was the last one. I haven't seen a blue one like mine for about 6 months now
I thought that might be the case:crying:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Worse case scenario, back to Invicta for warranty work and another 2-3 month wait for my watch. Watchmaker says it's either a snapped arbor (back to invicta) or a loose screw (back to me:) I'll keep you posted.
I love Invictas and have stayed off the customer service / quality control bandwagon. But I must say I am disappointed. But this will not be my last Invicta.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts