WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k. gentlemen, Lets investigate this Invictanom a little further. We all agree that Invicta offers some serious bang for the buck. One could also say that Croton and Swiss Legend does also. There are some Crotons that are very attractive, Japanese, Swiss Movement, and Swiss made. Maybe even more designs than Invicta. Swiss Legend also has some nice offerings. Why are folks not absolutely crazy about these brands as well? Where are the Croton message boards? Why do these brands not garner the same attention as Invicta? We know that Croton and Swiss Legend are outsourced brands. We have no proof that Invicta is not an outsourced brand. So why Invicta? I would be willing to bet that where Invicta certainly has it's share of homages, Croton seems to just outright copy most of their watches. Is this it? Is it the name? Is it because Croton sells 39.00 watches in Harriet Myers catalogues? Then what about Swiss Legend? They seem to have pretty original designs, and are of good build quality?

So, why so hard and fast for Invicta?

·
Registered
981 Posts
For me I just have not been able to get into Crotons designs. I do own a Swiss Legend but to be honest I was not moved by it. It was a 99.00 OTV but IMO I feel that even though it was a OTV the quality was well...lacking. The bracelet seemed flimsy and the case extremly light(cheap feeling) I did sorta like the CF dial and Lume but not enough to take the plunge again. This is not to say that if Swiss Legend came out with a 42-44mm 1000m diver that I would not take a second look. This is the OTV I pulled the trigger on:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree AM. I've never seen that Swiss Legend. Those sub-dials don't look too hot. Kind of Alpha-ish.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Aside from the Croton Yellow Racer (which I'm still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on, now I can't find it anywhere!) I've never seen one Croton I'm interested in. I feel like I'd have to look at some of their upper-end models to find one comparable to Invicta in (aforementioned) style and quality. For that much, I'd rather go with a brand I know and trust... Well, know anyway. Most Crotons look flimsy or overdesigned.

Contrary to Croton, I feel like Swiss Legend appeals to a "quieter" crowd, and while their styles are nice, they just aren't interesting enough for me.

Just IMO, I can't speak for everyone else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts