WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I've just received this watch yesterday. Again I purchased this watch used at a very reasonable price. I've had some great luck lately picking up older Invicta watches. This is a really nice mother of pearl dial, SW200 movement, a killer bracelet, and I think it might have sapphire crystals, but I'm not certain.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Another nice one Scott, congrats. You must have radar for picking up those SW200's. Best auto still available in that caliber imho. Sweep on em is just sooo smooth. Love that Blk MOP dial also. My new watch maker tells me that the SW200 is an ETA 2824-2 25 jewel clone? Not that, that is a bad thing. You know anything about that?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
thats a really good looking watch, I had wanted one of those in the worst ways possible when they came out. I hopefully get my first MOP dial diver tommorrow, I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You absolutely right pappadoc the SW200 is a clone of the ETA 2824. ETA's patents expired years (maybe decades?) ago and with their decreasing production other companies will step up to fill the void. Sellita has partnered with ETA with some production/manufacturing for years and they are in the best position currently to fill the void ETA leaves behind. The SW500 is a clone of the 7750. Seagull also make ETA clones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts