WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
That's really a shame. I hate that sort of thing. I have more of the 'comedian view' where we NOTICE that there ARE differences in culture, heritage and race, but we SORT OF ENJOY IT AND CELEBRATE IT. We are all adults. We know that racial steriotypes do not always apply, but at the same time, it is fun to notice our differences. I feel I can do that without hating or feeling superior or even thinking that a person is always going to be like that group. I mean, I don't feel that all Irish Americans are drunkards, but it is sort of funny to reference it. I would still hire an Irish guy. I wouldn't think he automatically had this problem. If you can't handle that, you aren't much of an adult. I really hate having to measure everything I say to some lesbian Marxist who thinks I am offending one of her groups. Who made HER their spokesman? And if some group is so sensitive that they have to put out press releases and manifestos on how they want to be addressed, then I think they lack basic human sense of humor and sense of play.

Too bad Ben and Jerry caved in to this BS. They meant no harm. We ALL love Jeremy and wish him well.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
The next flavor on the chopping block is Chunky Monkey. It turns out the name is offensive to overweight simians.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: skypilot
1 - 4 of 4 Posts