WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi there. I've done a bit of searching about my latest acquisition and haven't found a lot to work with to date. The watch has a 'linen' finish dial and is stamped "Benrus Watch Co. Germany" inside the case back. I 'think' that the movement is an FE-140 as i did note '140' stamped just below the balance. Can someone please help identify the likely age (i'm guessing early to mid 60's), model and movement in my Benrus for me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I am also guessing early 60's... those linen finishes are very cool, I have a few I will dig up.
Lots of Benrus information was lost and that is why many can be had for a resonable
price these days... the few with names like the Sky Chief and some others can go for BIG bucks!

Congrats on a cool Bennie!

·
Banned
615 Posts
OK
'FE' (inside a shape like France) is France Ébauches it was the biggest french movement manufacturer, they made a joint venture in the 90s' with China, then became 100% Chinese in 2000.

It's now called Technotime.

Your watch is probably 70s as that is the time they moved production to Germany

Regards

·
Administrator
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh so that's what that 'shape' is beside the 140. I have seen a couple of 'Sky Chiefs' & they are definitely out of my price range. :)

Is there any documentation left that can provide model names etc ? Thanks for the info!

·
Banned
615 Posts
Ahhh so that's what that 'shape' is beside the 140. I have seen a couple of 'Sky Chiefs' & they are definitely out of my price range. :)

Is there any documentation left that can provide model names etc ? Thanks for the info!
There is quite a bit (mostly duplicated) info on the web, not any written books I know of. I just search and take notes to add to my database.
Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.