WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just discovered the Ball Fireman Racer. What a beauty. Although I don't get the Fireman/Racer connection.
I know that Ball uses themes relating to trains, but I still don't get the Racer connection.

I just may have to sell a few of my least worn watches, and pick one up. If so, I prefer the white dial with blue numerals, as I have quite a few black dialed watches already, and would like some color on my next watch. What a beautiful shade of blue they put on it too!

Which brings me to another point. This Ball site needs some photos! After reading thread after thread, I rarely see any photos. Why can't you folks that already own them, show them off? It sure would be helpful to someone new to Ball, for instance, to determine if he/she would like to maybe think about buying one like they have seen on this site.

So, uncase those cameras guys, and share some photos when you write something about your watch. As it is now I have to stop, and pull up another site and locate the watch being discussed, just to see what it looks like.

Thanks everyone

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
Ball Fireman II

Clamoring for pics...spoken like a veteran WTF member! Come on guys, you heard the man!

(with aftermarket bracelet by Hadley-Roma)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. Not very much traffic on this watch site. Thanks for the encouragement anyway, Comet Hunter.
Anyhow, just to follow up on this previous post, I finally got to put a Fireman Racer on my wrist today. I was disappointed. It looked too small!
I thought that at 40mm, it would look ok, since I have other 40mm watches that I wear quite often. But the Fireman Racer just wears small, I guess. More like a 38mm.

I did try on a Trainmaster Pulse Meter, that looked great, and seemed to fit my wrist better. It was 43mm. Only problem was that it cost over twice the price of the Fireman Racer.
Still, I almost bought it anyway. But since I'm not in the medical field, I couldn't think of very many uses such a complication would have.
I imagine you could time just about anything with it, but it uses a 15 pulse rate scale.
So, I guess, it's back to the drawing board. Too bad.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wow. Not very much traffic on this watch site. Thanks for the encouragement anyway, Comet Hunter.
Anyhow, just to follow up on this previous post, I finally got to put a Fireman Racer on my wrist today. I was disappointed. It looked too small!
I thought that at 40mm, it would look ok, since I have other 40mm watches that I wear quite often. But the Fireman Racer just wears small, I guess. More like a 38mm.

I did try on a Trainmaster Pulse Meter, that looked great, and seemed to fit my wrist better. It was 43mm. Only problem was that it cost over twice the price of the Fireman Racer.
Still, I almost bought it anyway. But since I'm not in the medical field, I couldn't think of very many uses such a complication would have.
I imagine you could time just about anything with it, but it uses a 15 pulse rate scale.
So, I guess, it's back to the drawing board. Too bad.
Take a look at brand new Fireman Nightrain DLC 45mm and only 1899.00 awesome soft rubber strap and the nicest watch at that price in the country IMHO. WOW it is on my wrist as #5 for fathers day!!!! night trainii.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion Beinwatched, but I'm not too taken with the Night Train. Cool name, but it just ( to me) looks like too many other watches on the market. Nothing outstanding. Except for the lume. That is amazing!
But I'm still looking. The AD gave me Ball's latest catalogue, and I have been wearing the pages out since then.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I know you said that you like blue numbers with your white dial, but would you consider black on white? I think that the Trainmaster Power Reserve is an excellent classic choice that draws from Ball's RR roots:

At 41mm diameter, it's just the right size.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts