WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Another Adventure with my Pershing......

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  watchaholic 
#1 ·
Things in our neighborhood were getting a little crazy and summer is coming to a close so I thought a trip to the North Shore of Minnesota was just what the doctor ordered. We're so lucky that one of the most beautiful spots on the planet is only 2 hrs North!
Plant Wheel Vehicle Tire Tree

Oh, I couldn't forget one last walk for my buddy (our beagle, Amstel) before I hit the road. The next time he's coming along.
Watch Dog Plant Collar Carnivore

The forecast said there was a zero percent chance of rain! What are these clouds all about? :scared:
Watch Sky Cloud Car Vehicle

Ahh, there's nothing like fresh air to clear your head. I feel better already. The campsite is put together at Gooseberry Falls. I think it's time for a cold Samuel Adams.
Watch Plant Green Tree Analog watch

Now, that we're settled in it's time to hike the falls.
Watch Water Plant Fluvial landforms of streams Clock

to be continued.....(it's saying I can only attach 5 pictures per post)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Things in our neighborhood were getting a little crazy and summer is coming to a close so I thought a trip to the North Shore of Minnesota was just what the doctor ordered. We're so lucky that one of the most beautiful spots on the planet is only 2 hrs North!
View attachment 24771

Oh, I couldn't forget one last walk for my buddy (our beagle, Amstel) before I hit the road. The next time he's coming along.
View attachment 24772

The forecast said there was a zero percent chance of rain! What are these clouds all about? :scared:
View attachment 24773

Ahh, there's nothing like fresh air to clear your head. I feel better already. The campsite is put together at Gooseberry Falls. I think it's time for a cold Samuel Adams.
View attachment 24774

View attachment 24775

Water Watch Vertebrate Leaf Botany

Plant Tree Wood Gesture Sunlight

Now, for a hike up to Split Rock lighthouse. It was just listed on the National Historic Register, on its 100th birthday. My Pershing is nearly as old! I must say, they both look awesome for their age.
Watch Cloud Water Sky Hand

Now to take in the sunset on the shores of Lake Superior. A great end to the first day with my Pershing in paradise.
Water Cloud Sky Natural landscape Afterglow

Watch Cloud Sky Water Azure

#8 · (Edited)

Fantastic!

They are a great traveling watch...

Mine loves to go everywhere... he just sits by the door waiting to
go out... when I grab my keys and put his strap on, he pulls me out the door!

#4 ·
You're welcome! It was wonderful but already getting down into the 40s at night. The sky was so clear and free from light pollution that you could see satellites orbiting the Earth.

#14 ·
Another item of note about the Pershing. Does anyone else's wife complain of how loudly it ticks? I have about 8 different vintage watches that I wear in rotation and it's only the Pershing that my wife can practically hear from across the room.

I can only hear it if I put it close to my ear but notice that it is louder than any of my others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.