WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in another 214
The watch cleaned up nicely, however the crystal is cracked
Right now it's running, and keeping time but the second hand is moving, "sporadically" stopping then jumping ahead at times.
My guess is that it sat for a very long time and the lubrication has coagulated in spots.
I'm running a 1.5v in it so it's moving a little fast.
Your thoughts"

Does anybody have a link for a proper crystal?
Size & shape?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you or your watchmaker can open up the back and it still has a case number you can use that to find the correct crystal. My guess is 316-1AW 33.6mm
If there is no case number then you will have to measure it

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I'd also be interested in knowing the case number, have to wonder by the look of that chapter ring if it might be a case that was used for Spaceviews.
You are starting a nice collection.
As to the 1.5 volt battery, I run all of my 214's but one on 1.5 volt batteries.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you
I just ordered one for $10.00 shipped however was unable to find one from "Dashto".

Anybody have any thoughts on the weird or temperamental workings?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thank you
I just ordered one for $10.00 shipped however was unable to find one from "Dashto".

Yes, Its a old watch! Find someone to clean oil and adjust it. Start by calling local watchmakers that have been around a while and see if there is someone still working on them reasonably.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thank you

Yes, from what I see in your pix at the top of the thread, there is moisture trapped in the
case and that is sure death to any watch, Accutron, Quartz or Mechanical...

You need to get it serviced sooner rather than later, preferably upon receipt of the new crystal...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts