WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Announcing... the Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic III

Tags
announcing
3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  LadyWis 
#1 ·
The Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic III boasts a new, brighter dial with
multicolored Ball gas tubes. It will be a limited production of 500 pieces
packaged in a box set with spare rubber strap and tool kit.
Full specifications are below.

Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic III

Reference: DM1016A-S2-BK

Case: diameter 40mm, height 14.1mm
4mm Anti-reflective convex sapphire crystal
Patented crown protection system
Water-resistant to 300m
Antimagnetic to 12,000A/m
Shock-resistant to 7,500Gs

Functions: 31 micro gas tubes for night reading capability
Hours, minutes, sweep seconds and date

Band: Stainless steel bracelet and rubber strap

See less See more
#3 ·
I have the first one, without rubber strap, wonder where to find this rubber strap. How it looks like any picture with rubber strap? thank you

#10 ·
googled it and found the following at watchprosite:

--------------------------------------
Soprod made the A-10 as a direct replacement for ETA 2892. The width dimensions are the same between the 2892, 2824, and A-10, so the same hands and dials one used for ETA movements can also be used for the A-10, but the A-10 is 1 mm thicker than the 2824, so casing modifications may be necessary. It has a 42 hour power reserve and hacking seconds.
-----------------------------------

Ball has an established relationship with Soprod, they modify movement in the Moonphase, Cannonball and a few other models.

The A-10 seems fairly new so if anyone finds some info, I will look forward to reading it.

#12 ·
I think you have a point Steve. I remember that Roberev, Sukispop and several others that own the EMii Classic, rated their double stacked H3 tubed watches right up there with the Aviator, COSC EMii Diver and Night Train.

But I also believe that these dual tube configurations will create a really fantastic new sight which us BALLERS are going to love! :w00t:

Side by side Green and Yellow!

#14 · (Edited)
LOVE the watch !!! Love the dial, case etc.
But why only 500? I hope that BALL is not taking a page from some other
companies (Hublot, Panerai etc.) that try to create hype and exclusivity by making small limited runs
of a watch that IMO should be mass produced.

...what are your thoughts about this watch being a LE?
Perhaps there is a reason I am not aware of - such a limited supply of calibers ?
Nevertheless, congrats on another excellent HC model :thumbup1:

#15 · (Edited)
Interesting question, Steve! I am looking forward to seeing this EH Classic III in person.

I have found that the lume of the thin tubes (for example EMII Classic) appears more clearly to my eye than that of the fat tubes (for example, EH Classic II). It's not so much a matter of brightness, but rather clarity.

I fully expect to find that putting two thin tubes side by side will look cleaner/clearer than one fat tube.

EMII Classic:

EH Classic II:

#17 ·
I am suprise that this normal looking(excluding the H3 tube) Dial face watch actually uses a non-ETA base movement. And selling at 500, is it really an limited edition figure? Every AD in Lee-gapore in Singapore have EM-TMT, Skylab and a few other limited edition in their store consider that they are launch sometime back... But one things sure is that BALL limited edition usually provide addition strap and tools which is definitely a plus point. Not into limited edition watch for now. But if BALL would really launch something unique (re-work/in-house complicated movement) and launch as limited edition, i would consider even it SG$10k plus.

#18 ·
Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic III AVAILABLE

This watch is now available :) If you have any questions please give us a call.

Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic III Watch
Model #dm1016a-s2-bk

Case: diameter 40mm, height 14.1mm. 4mm Anti-reflective convex sapphire crystal. Patented crown protection system. Water-resistant to 300m. Antimagnetic to 12,000A/m. Shock-resistant to 7,500Gs. Functions: 31 micro gas tubes for night reading capability. Hours, minutes, sweep seconds and date. Band: Stainless steel bracelet and rubber strap

Retail $2299:thumbup:

http://www.abouttime.com/abouttime/ball-watches.invtc.html

#21 ·
New member with new watch

Hi there everyone,
I've just joined this forum after buying the latest Ball Watch, EH Classic III. I've checked with my AD and I'm told it should be with me tomorrow
Friday 21 November. I've always been a Rolex man, but I really liked the look of the Classic III, can't wait to unpack it tomorrow. I'll let you know my first impressions of this watch.

Regards to you all, ticktock :thumbup:

#22 ·
Welcome to the group and much congratulations on a fine watch. Let us know when it arrives and I will look forward to your thoughts.

Hi there everyone,
I've just joined this forum after buying the latest Ball Watch, EH Classic III. I've checked with my AD and I'm told it should be with me tomorrow
Friday 21 November. I've always been a Rolex man, but I really liked the look of the Classic III, can't wait to unpack it tomorrow. I'll let you know my first impressions of this watch.

Regards to you all, ticktock :thumbup:

#23 · (Edited)
That's a nice watch, comes with nice box and features.

I see what Rob means about the thin tubes being more clear than the fat tubes. I also agree with IceHeller that the colored tubes are a bit oddly asymmetrical. I would switch the position of the orange/green in the 7, 8, 10 and 11 positions. And why not a blue/green or blue/yellow option?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.