WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
544 Posts
According to Wing they are re-evaluating their future plans for the company and taking a break while doing so. I believe business slowed down for them. Their pricing was a joke, they mostly made two sizes of watches monsters and babies, that would be 50mm+ or 38mm and smaller. I once watched Wing on a sales show, don't remember which, say with a straight face that no Android watch went out the door that was not set to at least +/- 4 seconds a day, the only NH35A I have ever bought that was outside that range, and this is from many different manufactures, was an Android and it was + 20-plus seconds a day.

Another weakness was their making watches that are about the same weight as a large woman, this would be a turn off to lots of people especially those who like to wear their watches loose on the wrist. Of the five Androids I own I always felt they should have beveled the edges of their cases more, they are much sharper than they should be.

IMHO, after five Androids, I simple felt there was nothing compelling about them to continue to buy any more.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty much agree with your comments/observations. I hope Wing's evaluation results in his production of watches that will appeal to a broader market. His designs are not the problem, IMHO, but, as you mentioned, the size and weight.

· Registered
112 Posts
Old post, but I'll just give the reason I quit buying Android watches. They started to look like Invictas. Overly large, and pretty damn ugly. Saying that, I recently brought an Invicta 8927C Pro Diver.
My cut off is 43mm. Any larger and it doesn't look right to me. And anything below, say, 39mm, looks too small. I like Wing. I just think he got sidetracked temporarily. I hope he comes back with some new designs. I have two older Androids, and think that they are pretty nice watches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.