WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not an iphone 4 or 4s or upcoming 5. Not a Galaxy S2 or S3.

This is the complete reversal of taking a larger sensor pocket camera with 10X zoom capability and throwing in all the social Media and picture manipulating Apps availablein a Android powered package.

Lots of flaws? Probably, as i read the reviews AFTER I pre-ordered it today from B&H as an Anniversary gift. My wife wouldn't shoot a pic off her Galaxy S2 or Canon SD3500 (Xmas gift) because the way those devices are set up. Her phone is for calls and emailing. The camera is tucked in her purse and is rarely touched. She didn't want an S100 on our last trip to Asia in July, even though I could have picked one up for a bargain. She can't get accustomed to using my pocket D Lux 3. She's not allowed to handle my Sony RX100 lol. She LOVES shooting on my iPhone 4s because it is so simple in all light conditions and speeds. I have it packaged right now in this hilarious Leica M3 plastic body with faux Summilex lens protruding outward. On the 4S, I also have all the Lens apps and all the retouching apps on it as well (DMD, SloPro, SlowShutter+, Top camera, SnapSeed, PhotoCollage, Pic Collage, Pixlromatic, etc). So I can only imagine the S800C will go several steps above what I've been capturing on my phone!

So the spur of the moment purchase today is simple. To get her surfing/Web browsing, emailing, and having a fantastic easy to use Camera device already within her reach. Purse or pocket, lose the SD3500. Save the battery sucking life of ehr Galaxy S2 work phone and email. Plus when she goes to the kids events she won't have to lug around my D90 just to try and shoot HD video from the back of the Auditorium come Christmas Concert time. This thing has that part covered!

For me, this was the perfect Anniversary gift to get today. Here are the specs of this new release.

With Android as the operating system and built-in Wi-Fi, the idea is the camera can be used to upload photos and full HD resolution video directly to social networking sites. The camera has a 3.5-inch rear touchscreen for viewing photographs and entering comments on pictures you want to upload. The camera also supports Google Play and has integrated apps for things like email, contacts and a calendar.
Nikon plans to launch an app for other Android and iOS devices that will allow users to wirelessly send photographs taken with the camera to other devices as well. The camera has 10x optical zoom, integrated lens-shift vibration reduction, and 16-megapixel resolution. It also has integrated GPS for geo-tagging images. The Coolpix S800c will retail for $349.95, and should be available very soon. - technabob.com
Pictures here: Nikon Coolpix S800c Android based camera in white | Nikon Rumors

I bought the white version

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My case. I am also eagerly awaiting a 60-100X Microscopic iPhone lens attachment. I hope I can share some unique pics of watch dials and movements once I have that thing in my hand. My current little eBay Macro lens is only set up to my iPhone 4 . Hence the excitement is to try the new Lens device on my newer 4S which takes outstanding pics!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.