WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wondered about the relationship/connection between Android and Zavtra. This from "John Lind" on WFWF may help explain:

"Zavtra = "tomorrow" in Russian. The company is US however, with its company HQ in Colchester, Connecticutt. Zavtra does their own designs in-house, but works with Android to leverage on their production resources to have them manufactured. Zavtra has its own web site and offers the watches there, but Android, headquartered in Florida, has a separate Zavtra section of their site offering (some of) the Zavtra watches there as well. I get the impression from what I've read about the two is the owners know each other well and feel comfortable about their respective brands and collections being differentiated sufficiently that they can work together."

And the Watchlords watch forum has a really unfavorable (and profane) commentary on the Zavtra T-37.

· Registered
46 Posts
Zavtra is a collaboration between Craig Hester of "Russia2All", a distributor of Russian, Ukrainian, and other former Soviet Republic country watches (Poljot, Raketa, Vostok, etc.), and Android's Wing Liang. They jointly created the T-37 Russian light amphibious tank themed watches. Whether it results in anything beyond the T-37 will probably depend on the sales success of the T-37 and the willingness of Craig and Wing to collaborate on more designs, perhaps next on a Russian military aircraft.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the Watchlords forum. It's advertised as completely without any moderators or moderation of posting content whatsoever. Should be no surprise that it's laden with trash talk, derision and denigration of whatever brand and watch design comes to mind.

John

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I wouldn't pay much attention to the Watchlords forum. It's advertised as completely without any moderators or moderation of posting content whatsoever. Should be no surprise that it's laden with trash talk, derision and denigration of whatever brand and watch design comes to mind.

John
Probably true but, IMHO, there're some humorous reads there if the watch being "trashed" is not one you would defend unto death. (The T-37 is out of my size-preference range, so any reviews, favorable or unfavorable are immaterial to me. :laugh:)

· Registered
46 Posts
Probably true but, IMHO, there're some humorous reads there if the watch being "trashed" is not one you would defend unto death. (The T-37 is out of my size-preference range, so any reviews, favorable or unfavorable are immaterial to me. :laugh:)
Got the impression from browsing their threads briefly as I could only take so much trash talk, that it was mostly for entertainment of themselves, feeding off of each other to see who could trash something (or someone) with greatest verbosity a la Staff Sergeant Ermy (USMC Retired). If their trolling threads snag someone who takes the bait, so much the better as it rapidly becomes a piranha feeding frenzy. Entertaining for a while, perhaps, but not much of any real substance or informative value there that I could find.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.