WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
College graduation gift (1966). Lume is long gone and the silver face is sorta champagnish now, but the movement is still +/- 3sec/day . . . not bad for an old guy. This was the first "serious" watch I ever had and it's what got me interested in watches and horology as a young man. I'm not the Rolex acolyte I once was . . . as I got older I learned that there's a big wide world of timepieces out there beyond the Rolex horizon . . . but I could never give this particular watch up. RUSA New York has looked after it since it was new. The conventional wisdom has always been that RUSA service doesn't want to have anything to do with watches this old, but if you ask them they're perfectly willing to service and regulate a 1603 as long as the 1570 movement doesn't require a serious repair that would call for parts they no longer have. The only trouble with sending it to Rolex (other than the cost) is that they always want to replace the hands and the dial with the latest version and they seem mystified when I tell them not to do that. Last year I replaced the original USA Jubilee bracelet with the current Jubilee version. I intended at the time to send the original bracelet to someone who can rebuild it, but that's something I haven't done yet. When I do the old bracelet will go back on the watch. Anyway, I know it's a pretty garden variety Rolex but I like it a lot . . . always have.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.