WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, while looking at Accuquartz listings, I saw a watch there that is obviously not an Accuquartz but is an Accutron Quartz - clearly printed on the dial. I sent a pleasant FYI message to the seller explaining the difference and saying I hoped it helped him understand what he had listed. Here was his response:

"Hello. It says Accuquartz on the dial- please attend to your own business. Many thanks."

What a pleasant fellow! NOT. Here is the listing number if you care to check out the item: 261137945042

I responded, indicating I was only trying to be helpful but if he wished to be nasty I would initiate a complaint against him with eBay and that I had copies of my messages and his response. The Holidays must be a very stressful time for that seller! :lol:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have sent a very courteous message telling him that the watch is not an Accuquartz so we'll see if I get a response.
Great! Wasn't really intending for others to get into this but if a few do, he should get the message loud and clear. I've done this numerous times and have always gotten a very gracious thanks. Like yours, my messages are always courteous. Be interesting to see if he changes the description. I'll check now.

·
Premium Member
5,812 Posts
Message Sent. And no it has not changed (yet). Most times i help out an ebay seller they are thankful. Never got a response quite like yours.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
What an ingrate!! :cursing:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In his description, he says it is a tuning fork mvt. The Day wheel has just 2 letters indicating either a 2302 Accutron mvt. or a quartz mvt. No pics of the mvt. to verify. If it truly has a tuning fork mvt., it can only be a 2302. Hope an unknowledgeable person doesn't get roped in on this one. Nothing else for sale at this time.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
It appears that nobody has bid so nobody seems to be very fooled so far. I suppose it would be possible for someone to put a regular quartz dial into a watch with an Accuquartz movement but that would be strange. I'd sure like to see the movement.
I looked at his other items for sale, quite an eclectic collection, many brands of which I've never heard.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Here's a bit of fun I had with the ****hole trying to sell his Woody for $625 (God, I hope it's no-one on here :scared:).

I offered him what I paid for mine (and said that was what I was doing), and explained very nicely and factually why the price I was offering was lower than he might expect. And apparently made the fatal mistake of pointing out he may have a problem with one of the links on the strap. Which his listing mentions.

I just got:
"no" (not even a capital letter).

So I again went into a bit of an explanation of why I was offering the price I was, accepted that he wanted quite a bit more and politely asked him what the lowest price would be that he would accept as I was a serious buyer.

So I got:

"You have succeeded in offending me by questioning my judgement and implying that my description is not accurate. I have already sold two of these watches THIS YEAR for over $500 dollars each.
You might have failed to read in my description that I only ship and sell to the USA
So, to answer your question, I will not sell you this watch or any of my other watches at any price.
Please do not respond to this message"

My response:

"I will respond - you just don't have to read it!
You sir, seem to be very very easily offended. I can assure you your first answer of 'no' just rubbed me wrong, so I came back asking what price you were looking for.
Questioning your judgement? What are you, THE world authority?
And because I mentioned you may have a problem with that single link I implied you misled in your description?? How do you figure?
I've bought plenty of stuff from people who won't ship O.S once you talk with them.
And trust me, I wouldn't take this watch from you for $5 now.
Good luck with it! I look forward to seeing it still here at $625 in 6 months.
Please don't respond to this message. I don't like unnecessarily rude people when I am simply trying do to business."

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The seller has changed his title to "Accutron-Quartz" but still describes the mvt. as a "pristine bulov accuquartz tuning fork." - his spelling of Bulova, not mine. If it is a tuning fork mvt., it must be a 2313 - large Day/Date wheels for man's case. I never asked him if it hums. Like Skypilot said, strange to see this dial on a tuning fork mvt. The other way around I could buy - retrofitted quartz mvt. with original Accuquartz dial.

·
Banned
605 Posts
The guys from the UK, that reaction is perfectly normal :001_tongue:

You guys......I watch the news most nights for where the latest UK riot is, what's it's over and how bad it goes!!!!! It's usually either soccer or recession related.

And yeah, thanks for sending us all down here. You chose well (apart from a few early day problems...) :T

I can't believe your cops STILL don't carry guns.........

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys......I watch the news most nights for where the latest UK riot is, what's it's over and how bad it goes!!!!! It's usually either soccer or recession related.

And yeah, thanks for sending us all down here. You chose well (apart from a few early day problems...) :T

I can't believe your cops STILL don't carry guns.........
:lol: Here in the U.S. we watch any big city news or national news to find out about all the latest kidnappings, knifings, shootings, rapes and riots because too many of the poor and disadvantaged want it all for nothing. What a wonderful world we live in! At our house, we mostly watch a small town TV channel where the violence is a much smaller part of the newscast.

·
Banned
605 Posts
:lol: Here in the U.S. we watch any big city news or national news to find out about all the latest kidnappings, knifings, shootings, rapes and riots because too many of the poor and disadvantaged want it all for nothing. What a wonderful world we live in! At our house, we mostly watch a small town TV channel where the violence is a much smaller part of the newscast.
The poms just treat it like a rough old game then go and have a drink with whoever lives through it. You guys however take it VERY VERY seriously

I can remember whatever TV show it was, where the person in New York would walk in/out of their unit and have to deal with literally 10 or 20 door locks (we didn't ever lock our doors). I thought it was weirdly funny but got a sense it was based on someones reality on another place on the planet. And got a small taste of being quite scared for the future/wider world. And my place in it.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today is your last chance to get that unusual Accutron-Quartz Accuquartz watch with the nonsense dial and Day window. Just under four hours to go and no one has bid on this unusual example! How could that be? As Skypilot said, I'm not familiar with most all of his other makes listed. Hope they are more "real" than this watch.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Boy, am I surprised. There was one bid for starting price - about $137 U.S. I certainly wish the buyer good luck as there's no way the watch is what is described. Even if it has a 230 mvt. in it, it would be WAY overpriced.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Funnily enough...>

...I have a couple of Accuquartz'es that are marked only "Quartz" on the dial. So it may well actually be what the seller says it is. I think the auction has ended now though. Then again, I also have a 242 SMQ or two that say Accuquartz on the dial.

BTW, this is my first post on this forum, so Hi to everyone here. I'm the guy who has "The Accutron Watch Page".

Regards, Rob

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.