WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Timex at the bay that had this line in the description: "CLASSIC LOOK WITH THE CONVENIENCE OF AN AUTOMATIC". I sent an inquiry about the watch asking if it indeed the watch was a mechanical watch and here is the reply: "That has a battery powered quartz movement that never needs to be wound. Like an automatic watch.
It is 37-38mm wide without including the crown.
Regards,

Oh those sellers at the bay! It appears "the convenience of an automatic" now means quartz.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Wow! When did they invent that? Lol. Always keep an eye on what you are buying and BE CAREFUL! Although timex does make a (modern) auto that uses a Chinese DG movement, those are nice watches for a great price.

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
I found a Timex at the bay that had this line in the description: "CLASSIC LOOK WITH THE CONVENIENCE OF AN AUTOMATIC"...
Every time I read that line I can actually feel my brain start to melt! :blink:

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
How does that marketing claim even make sense? What's convenient about an automatic? Unless it's the convenience of not having to wind your watch - and how many people today would even know what a hand-wound watch is...:glare:

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
muttley said:
How does that marketing claim even make sense? What's convenient about an automatic? Unless it's the convenience of not having to wind your watch - and how many people today would even know what a hand-wound watch is...:glare:
And manual wind watches are soooo hard to wind! I have too many this in my busy American life that I can't stop in the morning for literally 10 seconds and wind my watch. Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts