WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Ingersol trench and an Ingraham wrist in need of some TLC and I am looking form someone to give them a rebuild. I've tried our resident "miracle workers" but they are flat out. Anybody interested can you pm me.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Brian ......now I maybe wrong in this ....cause I am not sure where I heard it .....but I have heard that with those old simple no jewel movements , that people used to use kerosine to clean out the gunky sticky stuff,m and then I am betting that if you can winkle a drop or 2 or watch oil in the moving parts, they'd be running again .....

so our watch gurus....would that work with that simple old movement ....

and of course you'd have to protect the dials ......

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Sal, The movement on the Ingersol looks nice and clean, the mainspring is the culprit - - - it went twang and I need a new one.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
well, there's your problem right there eh ???? all the cleaning in the world won't fix a broken mainspring .....I shall consult with Jerry if you like about replacing it .....I am hoping that the sides are held with screws rather than rivets ? ......

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sal, There are 9 screws in the movement that I can see. There is also the number 45695302 on the movement. It would be great if Jerry could repair it. I also have the original mainspring.
Thank you very much,
Brian.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Is it a jeweled movement ?.....I know Ingersol made mostly non or one jeweled movements, but I am not sure if they ever got into jeweled ones....

I am just wondering about the value of the watch to you .......am I correct in assuming that no matter what it's monetary value, the watch itself is valuable to you ? ....enough to offset the costs of mailing and having someone fix it ?

I will be glad to have Jerry fix it ......he can fix just about anything .......and has years of accumulated parts, but it might not be inexspensive.......

You pay the postage and I'll do the legwork .......

·
Registered
192 Posts
Is it a jeweled movement ?.....I know Ingersol made mostly non or one jeweled movements, but I am not sure if they ever got into jeweled ones....

I am just wondering about the value of the watch to you .......am I correct in assuming that no matter what it's monetary value, the watch itself is valuable to you ? ....enough to offset the costs of mailing and having someone fix it ?

I will be glad to have Jerry fix it ......he can fix just about anything .......and has years of accumulated parts, but it might not be inexspensive.......

You pay the postage and I'll do the legwork .......

I could be mistaken but I recall that the Ingersol watches were called and/or advertised as " Dollar " watches when they were offered originally for sale . In fact, I may have an old advertisement around in my research material for that type of watch. I have owned some of these watches over the years.

Thanks
FJF

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My apologies to you all for my tardy reply and also my lack of photographical ability (just **** lazy I suspect). I can email shots normally but not on this forum. Thank you all for your insights, I really want to repair the Ingersol because my Son bought it for me and also it has part of the original purchase receipt in the back case (01-08-1917). I'm feeling positive now - - - so thanks to you all, I think the Ingersol might be travelling home to the good ole USA for a touch up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts