WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I really overslept this weekend but then I realized my M9 had stopped. Looks the battery gave out. I got mine really early in the companies history but I can't remember anyone ever posting about their battery dying, I need to send it in. Am I the first guy to have a battery die?

(Edit) It turns out it's not dead! My little cousin was here and and played with it and popped out the stem and I didn't notice until after I made the post. I wish you could delete a thread. While on the subject has anyone had a battery die yet?

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
This is my favorite thread, so far. Please don't delete it.

Reminds me of the time, as a four-year-old, I took apart my dad's Longines watch with a hammer. I'd just seen a Disney picture that featured animated characters making a clock's hands spin, and I wanted to "let them out" and play with them.

When I realized what I'd done (nobody came out to play) -- and I couldn't get the watch reassembled with the hammer -- I was terrified my dad would kill me. He found the watch in pieces on our kitchen floor and me hiding under my bed.

It was classic. He came home, found the watch, and rescued me from my cave, with a mock-scowl that was mostly a stifled laugh.

I think the same rules that apply to handguns, vis a vis children, should also apply to nice watches. Keep them on your person or out of sight, 'cause they're irresistible.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a good one.

I got my M2 on the 1st of November 2009 and it's still ticking along strongly at the moment, but must be due for a new battery soon.
Anyone know when the first Lum-Tec was sent out.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just had another look and I actually got my M2 on the 11th of Jan 2009 (we state our date by day, month, year in Australia). I then got an M18 in October 2009. Wow, what a good year that was.
Was the company new at the time? I haven't been at my old job for at least two or 3 years and I had my lumtecs for awhile while I was working there. I feel like I have to have had the bulk of my watches for four or five years. (Then again I'm a terrible estimate of time) Does anyone know when those first few Lumtecs went on sale? I feel like I got my M9 and C1 pretty early in the companies history. As matter of fact almost all of my watches are from the early run of the company.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Was the company new at the time? I haven't been at my old job for at least two or 3 years and I had my lumtecs for awhile while I was working there. I feel like I have to have had the bulk of my watches for four or five years. (Then again I'm a terrible estimate of time) Does anyone know when those first few Lumtecs went on sale? I feel like I got my M9 and C1 pretty early in the companies history. As matter of fact almost all of my watches are from the early run of the company.
Just work backwards from the current E-series of production numbers for 2012 models. That would make A series watches 2008. Do the serial numbers on your watches start with A or B (check the case-back)? The earliest one I have is a B-series, the A3, but I bought it in 2010, not 2009.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.