WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just purchased this 2006 reference 5146 annual calendar. Please look at the photograph closely. Do you think that the number one in the calendar window is centered appropriately and the indicator pointing to the letter a in the word may is “close enough“. Not sure if this variance is to be expected. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and comments before I reach out to the seller and have him call me crazy!
Watch Analog watch Clock Wood Material property

·
Super Moderator
16,540 Posts
Buy the seller as well as the watch!
Considering you're not bothering to tell us WHO you bought it from or for HOW MUCH you paid, if you trust the seller, by all means speak to him about it!
If the watch is legitimate and if you paid thousands of dollars for it, I don't see what's wrong with expecting perfection. Take it to a P-P Authorized Dealer along with your Proof-Of-Purchase and have the warranty repair work done on it.
If it is a previously-owned piece, then all bets are off. Take it to a watchmaker and have him inspect the date gear.
There could be a speck of dust preventing the date wheel from completing its turn. Do the other dates sit where they're supposed to?

·
Administrator
6,964 Posts
OCD? Maybe just a little. I looked at a number of these watches for sale on Chrono24 and noted a few of them appeared to be off just a little bit in both areas you mentioned. It's a fairly simple adjustment for a qualified watch repair shop but I would be a bit disappointed in having to do so when considering how much those watches sell for. You're absolutely certain of its authenticity? Do you trust the seller?

·
Super Moderator
5,329 Posts
Looks as if the pointer is centered on the middle of the whole letter group, not the "A". Seems correct. As for the "1" I'm not so sure. Is the date window centered? Looks a little long on the right side (toward 5) but the "1" appears to be centered over the blip at 6. Is this to accommodate numbers with 2 digits?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I apologize. Should’ve given more information. I purchased the watch from BlackTag Watches. Purchase price $36,500. The seller was very accommodating. He Substituted a chocolate brown new strap for the black strap that had been placed on it. I preferred the brown. He offered a 30 day warranty and we are about two weeks post purchase and I have not yet worn the watch. I feel confident that he would probably take it back and have it serviced if I asked them to just not sure if it’s worth the trouble as it’s keeping excellent time and maybe I’m just quibbling here. Again thank you for your help I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good morning. Just wanted to let you know that I did speak with the seller this morning and he agrees that a fine adjustment ought to be made. He is sending me a shipping label this morning. Once again, I appreciate your input and suggestions in this matter! It made all the difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts