WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sorry if already posted......

if you are from the boston area you most likely know of alpha omega jewelers a long time retail chain of 4 stores that sold high end watches and jewelry.

the doors were closed about a week ago amid stories of debt. here is one of the stories that was in the boston globe newspaper.

http://www.boston.com/business/arti...rail_of_debt_at_shuttered_alpha_omega/?page=1

a-o was a favorite place of mine to visit as they had an extensive display of rolex, omega, jaeger lecoultre , iwc, tag, breitling and many others over the years.

as the story mentions, a-o has a large repair business and i hope the owners get their timepieces back quickly.... about 3 weeks ago, i had just picked up a tag and a tissot that i had brought in for regular service. i feel fortunate i got them when i did!

i hope they get things straightened out and re-open.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
All stores are to to be opened by tomorrow (12/23)
Current details say that management is to be restructured in a deal with the bank and the founder will retain ownership.
Most employees are expected to be hired back.

But these things change in a heartbeat -so stay tuned!!:eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great news! i just saw that article now.

a casual friend is one of the stores managers so i am happy to hear this.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I love this quote from the article:

"This is an 18-year-old watch, and I love it," said [Mark] Micciche, who said he paid $2,000 for the Rolex in the 1980s and was prepared to pay more than $500 to Alpha Omega to repair it. "My wife just told me I'm not getting another one. I may have to call the attorney general."

It's about time he took legal action against such an abusive wife. :D

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
I love this quote from the article:

"This is an 18-year-old watch, and I love it," said [Mark] Micciche, who said he paid $2,000 for the Rolex in the 1980s and was prepared to pay more than $500 to Alpha Omega to repair it. "My wife just told me I'm not getting another one. I may have to call the attorney general."

It's about time he took legal action against such an abusive wife. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Well done, sir!!!!

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
It was 100% horrible what they did. I saw this online, and customers were panic stricken who placed deposits on items, and they did not know if their cash or item would ever been seen from again. To close up without notice, and to shun the customers like that, would be a major red flag with me, and I hope the watch companies see this and pull their items.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
BTW, proves the old saying, "Buy the AD, not the watch."

Actually-I have bought both this AD and watches from them often.
This was a totally unexpected occurance.
I'll still buy from them-at the right price.
And I doubt that I'll go there for repairs or to leave a "deposit".
I do feel for some of the employees that I have gotten to know.
It's no fun wondering if your job is secure once they re-open.
(Tourneau is opening soon in the same mall.
Resumes might be in order!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will also continue to support the store when i can, and am interested to see that a tourneau will be opening.... more eye candy to drool over!

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
i will also continue to support the store when i can, and am interested to see that a tourneau will be opening.... more eye candy to drool over!

I noticed that the AO near me was open for business today.
The thought of Tourneau opening a mere 2 miles from my house makes me a little nervous.
I am alredy overloaded with places to browse and/or buy!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right now there is one in boston and one in natick.

i wonder if there is a third coming to the area......foghorn, any info?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts