Moonphase

They are wonderful watches:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Regards
Bob:D

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was looking at some balls...

the other day again, for the nth time, trying to make a rational decision on whether to get one (is it worth it) or should I just continue on working on Omegas?

Anyhow, I saw the Fireman on strap and I kind of liked the look, plus there was a chrono (black faced with silver subdials) that kind of appealed to me. There was also a model which had sort of a sliver at the 10 o' clock position to indicate military time...I don't know if this was the fireman or some other models, but I'll have to say that the prices were closing in on Omega's prices, and much higher than Oris' (the only other brand aside from Omega that I really really dig)...

Any thoughts? I'm thinking that I do like the lume/carbon but a simple, entry level ball that I could use as a daily beater would be nice, preferably with at least one more complication than date.

Thanks
Glimmer

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I have a Ball Conductor GMT. It's square. Great looking watch and keeps good time, to me at least. Bright as heck at night.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Glimmer:

If you contact Ball, they will send a brochure on their watches with the MSRP price. I am not sure what the discounts are with the ADs; but, I hear they do sell less than MSRP.

·
Banned
451 Posts
Best thing to do is visit yr AD and try a Ball watch on yr wrist. The chrono model, black faced w/silver sub-dials is probably the Fireman Ionosphere. The other one with 'military time' (its actually a 24hr indicator) at 10 o'clock is the Fireman Nighttrain. If u need one as a daily beater and love the lume, u cant go wrong with the Fireman Nighttrain. The black model is DLC coated, should be ideal as a beater. In general, i think Ball watches are still more affordable as compared to Omegas.

the other day again, for the nth time, trying to make a rational decision on whether to get one (is it worth it) or should I just continue on working on Omegas?

Anyhow, I saw the Fireman on strap and I kind of liked the look, plus there was a chrono (black faced with silver subdials) that kind of appealed to me. There was also a model which had sort of a sliver at the 10 o' clock position to indicate military time...I don't know if this was the fireman or some other models, but I'll have to say that the prices were closing in on Omega's prices, and much higher than Oris' (the only other brand aside from Omega that I really really dig)...

Any thoughts? I'm thinking that I do like the lume/carbon but a simple, entry level ball that I could use as a daily beater would be nice, preferably with at least one more complication than date.

Thanks
Glimmer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, sys12345, fellow from Singapore here too.

I was looking at a few pieces, starting with the Tag Carrera, then the Omega PO & Speedmaster broadhands caught my eyes. I then stumbled upon Ball, although I've heard of the brand. It was only when I started pricing the brand that I realised how much more affordable it is compared to those I was looking at. The Fireman Ionosphere caught my eyes after looking at the range. Somehow its got the right mix of elegance yet sporty enough look. I've gone to a few shops to look at the watch again and again :)

Can anyone help me out here? Can I do any better than the Ionosphere with any other brands out there?

Last night I also chanced upon the Conductor Transcendent Pearl which I'm thinking of getting of my SO.

Best thing to do is visit yr AD and try a Ball watch on yr wrist. The chrono model, black faced w/silver sub-dials is probably the Fireman Ionosphere. The other one with 'military time' (its actually a 24hr indicator) at 10 o'clock is the Fireman Nighttrain. If u need one as a daily beater and love the lume, u cant go wrong with the Fireman Nighttrain. The black model is DLC coated, should be ideal as a beater. In general, i think Ball watches are still more affordable as compared to Omegas.

·
Banned
451 Posts
Hey Pooschey,

Glad to see another Ball watch owner from Singapore. :biggrin:

Before settling for Ball watches, i was considering the Tag Carrera series as well. After taking a closer look at Ball and factoring the price diff between them, its a no brainer!!! :thumbup1: I rather pay $$$ for a watch based on its features/quality rather than contributing $$$ for celebrity marketing.

I like the Fireman Ionosphere as well. If u r looking for a chronograph model, i doubt u can do better than this, taking features, quality and price into consideration. I prefer the white face model with black sub-dials. Its really nice looking. IMO, u cant go wrong with this one!

For yr SO, u can also consider the Fireman series, the smallest one.

Hi, sys12345, fellow from Singapore here too.

I was looking at a few pieces, starting with the Tag Carrera, then the Omega PO & Speedmaster broadhands caught my eyes. I then stumbled upon Ball, although I've heard of the brand. It was only when I started pricing the brand that I realised how much more affordable it is compared to those I was looking at. The Fireman Ionosphere caught my eyes after looking at the range. Somehow its got the right mix of elegance yet sporty enough look. I've gone to a few shops to look at the watch again and again :)

Can anyone help me out here? Can I do any better than the Ionosphere with any other brands out there?

Last night I also chanced upon the Conductor Transcendent Pearl which I'm thinking of getting of my SO.

·
Banned
4,528 Posts
We have three on our family and are huge fans...

Long time watch collector, fairly new to Ball. I was warned by my AD that it was addicitive. I wasn't worried as I have only one of each brand of watch I own (except for the vintages.) That is until I bought my Ball Moonphase. Now I have a Night Train, my wife has a Trainmaster Ladies 60 Seconds, and my neighbor has told his wife that he wants the EM II TMT for Xmas.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
sys12345, I have the exact same thoughts about any Tags, so the Carrera was the only that appealed to me. But you're right, one look at the Ball and considering that the Carrera cost more 50% on top of the Ionosphere... no brainer. I've been trying to hunt down something even remotely closely priced to the Ball but zilch!

For me, the black face looks better (I'm partial to black faces). I had a black faced Explorer II more than 10 years ago, when it was still a rarity then. Still my fav Rolex.

For the SO, I felt that the Conductor Transendent Pearl has a nice balance of feminity and sportiness. I'm not much of a square-faced watch fan, but this somehow felt very balance, maybe its the curved sapphire glass.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'd probably get them this weekend, either from KRONOmetry or Watches of Switzerland. Where'd you get yours?

Hey Pooschey,

Glad to see another Ball watch owner from Singapore. :biggrin:

Before settling for Ball watches, i was considering the Tag Carrera series as well. After taking a closer look at Ball and factoring the price diff between them, its a no brainer!!! :thumbup1: I rather pay $$$ for a watch based on its features/quality rather than contributing $$$ for celebrity marketing.

I like the Fireman Ionosphere as well. If u r looking for a chronograph model, i doubt u can do better than this, taking features, quality and price into consideration. I prefer the white face model with black sub-dials. Its really nice looking. IMO, u cant go wrong with this one!

For yr SO, u can also consider the Fireman series, the smallest one.

·
Banned
4,528 Posts
The Ladies Trainmaster 60 Seconds is 28.8mm classic round with see thru back and a 2671.

My SO didn't like the Conductor and found the 32mm Fireman to big so we went with it.

Might be worth a look...

I am having a devil of a time with the images today, so here are a few shots of her watch to look at...

http://insurealltrips.com/new_page_3.htm

·
Banned
451 Posts
This Ball addiction must be spreading like wild fires. Just when u thought u r done with all the Ball watches u desire, there comes another 'singing' to u ... :001_tt1:

We have three on our family and are huge fans...

Long time watch collector, fairly new to Ball. I was warned by my AD that it was addicitive. I wasn't worried as I have only one of each brand of watch I own (except for the vintages.) That is until I bought my Ball Moonphase. Now I have a Night Train, my wife has a Trainmaster Ladies 60 Seconds, and my neighbor has told his wife that he wants the EM II TMT for Xmas.

·
Banned
451 Posts
I'm not a fan of square or any non-round cased watches either, somehow i find them looking odd on my wrist.

Good to hear that u are going for a Ball watch. I got my EMII Classic from Vincent Watch and my EMII Chronometer LE in HK.

For the SO, I felt that the Conductor Transendent Pearl has a nice balance of feminity and sportiness. I'm not much of a square-faced watch fan, but this somehow felt very balance, maybe its the curved sapphire glass.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'd probably get them this weekend, either from KRONOmetry or Watches of Switzerland. Where'd you get yours?

·
Banned
4,528 Posts
This Ball addiction must be spreading like wild fires. Just when u thought u r done with all the Ball watches u desire, there comes another 'singing' to u ... :001_tt1:

I was warned by my AD that you can't stop with one Ball. I was sure I could...NOT!. Now the Mrs has one too, only fitting as she introduced me to the "new" Ball.

I am safe now...no more budget!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I find the Trainmaster still a bit masculine, though I like the Heritage and the Cleveland Express. If only they have these in ladies size. What I like about the Conductor was that it fits almost like a bracelet on the hand.

Anyway, this is moot as it seems like the ladies model is the Conductor here.

The Ladies Trainmaster 60 Seconds is 28.8mm classic round with see thru back and a 2671.

My SO didn't like the Conductor and found the 32mm Fireman to big so we went with it.

Might be worth a look...

I am having a devil of a time with the images today, so here are a few shots of her watch to look at...

http://insurealltrips.com/new_page_3.htm

·
Banned
4,528 Posts
I find the Trainmaster still a bit masculine, though I like the Heritage and the Cleveland Express. If only they have these in ladies size. What I like about the Conductor was that it fits almost like a bracelet on the hand.

Anyway, this is moot as it seems like the ladies model is the Conductor here.

I am sure you will find the watches that work out for you and the SO. My wife is a huge WIS herself, with a really cool collection. Could be worse, she could buy shoes:eek:hmy:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts