WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've just traded my Honda Element for a Kia Sportage, and thought I'd seen the back of weird internet forums for people obsessed with a quality, but often derided and definitely fringe, product!...

And then I go buy myself an Invicta 3310 [after a few days of trawling round the internet and a few minutes in the local mall]. Little did I realize until a few minutes ago just what I was getting myself involved in!

:scared:

Anyhoo, one thing that I can immediately say about Invicta is that if they put HALF as much effort, enjoyment, attention to detail, and quality control into their watches as they put into their website - then I'm already happy with my choice [and I haven't even received it yet].

From what I can tell Invicta make about 47.3million different styles, and unfortunately the 3310 is apparently a year or so old so it's not referred to in the 2007 catalogs. Hopefully, someone here can tell me more about it....

According to the place I bought it from

"Sorry, removed because not a forum sponsor link". Forum Admin

It has a "Swiss Parts Movement"...

so my first question to my fellow weirdos on this forum is:

What the :huh: is that?

TIA for the first correct answer!

:thumbup1:

illimey

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hello Illmey,

While I'm new to Invicta, Swiss Parts movement means that while the parts are swiss made, the movement was not put together in Switzerland. Now, is that important? That depends in your point of view. Some like "Swiss Made Only" watches, while others don't care. Some prefer mechanical over quartz and so on.... Enjoy the new Invicta, I'm awaiting on one myself that I hope I'll enjoy.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Hi illimey and welcome to the Original Invicta Forum. Here we refer to ourselves as WIS's=Watch Idiot Savants.

Would you like to become a WIS? OK, then repeat after me. . . . "boooga, booooooga, booooooooooooooga!" Congratulations. . you are now a WIS. . . and a pretty silly one at that for repeating what I wrote.

BTW, is this your new watch?

It is one of Invicta's infamous (and many) multifunction watches with a Swiss Parts movement. Some of the parts are made in Switzerland but the watch is essentially assembled in the Far East.
You have to own at least one of these and many of us own several. It is a good way to get into Invicta collecting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Illmey,
HI!

:001_smile:

While I'm new to Invicta, Swiss Parts movement means that while the parts are swiss made, the movement was not put together in Switzerland. Now, is that important? That depends in your point of view. Some like "Swiss Made Only" watches, while others don't care. Some prefer mechanical over quartz and so on.... Enjoy the new Invicta, I'm awaiting on one myself that I hope I'll enjoy.
Thanks! That's what I thought, but I wanted to see how this forum approaches people who ask what is/are more than likely 'FAQs'!

:lol:

It would indeed have been a pleasant surprise if my $90 watch WAS actually hand-built by a 98 year old gentleman in Geneva...

:w00t:

illimey

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi illimey and welcome to the Original Invicta Forum. Here we refer to ourselves as WIS's=Watch Idiot Savants.
:eek:hmy:

Would you like to become a WIS? OK, then repeat after me. . . . "boooga, booooooga, booooooooooooooga!"
Ummmm, OK:

Boooga, booooooga, booooooooooooooga!

Congratulations. . you are now a WIS. . . and a pretty silly one at that for repeating what I wrote.
:001_tt2:

BTW, is this your new watch?

Yup. Kinda cute, really.

It is one of Invicta's infamous (and many) multifunction watches with a Swiss Parts movement. Some of the parts are made in Switzerland but the watch is essentially assembled in the Far East.
You have to own at least one of these and many of us own several. It is a good way to get into Invicta collecting.
Infamous, huh?

:thumbup:

Suits me just fine! Collecting? Nah. I'm more likely to spend my hard earned loot buying a collection of rare and beautiful suppositories than investing in a shed-load of watches. Really, come on now.... One's enough!

:001_unsure:

Thanks for the welcome and info!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I never care to answer even the frequently asked questions. It takes just as much time for me to complain about using the search function as it does to just go ahead and say what it is. BTW, I'd rather not have a 98 year old Swissy working on my watch, 65 max... those eyes gotta be goin bad at 98... lol

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Would you like to become a WIS? OK, then repeat after me. . . . "boooga, booooooga, booooooooooooooga!" Congratulations. . you are now a WIS. . . and a pretty silly one at that for repeating what I wrote.
Rusty, you are too funny! :lol: You have a very good sense of humor.:lol:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Just one?

Welcome to cheese land! We Invicta owners also refer to our Invicta watches as Swiss cheese, or just cheese. With that, congrats on your purchase and enjoy your slice of cheese!:wink:

When you get your cheese, please show us a picture of it. The stock photo's on the web never do the watch justice. You can go to a free service, www.photobucket.com, where you can download your own pictures and then upload to this site.

I well remember my first (and I thought only) Invicta. That was about a dozen Invicta's ago. :lol: Many in this forum go for the gold and have some really nice, high end Invictas. I myself own several other brands and am drawn to the lower end quartz movements. For the price of one of my other watches Invicta has made it where I can have three or four of theirs. I like being able to change out styles from day to day and it did not cost me an arm and a leg!:001_rolleyes:

The pictures below are three of my Invicta's that demonstrate how little money has to be put into what IMHO are not bad looking watches at all. All told, including shipping they represent less than $325 for all of them.:001_smile:

The last picture includes the "only one" I was ever going to own and there have been a couple additions since that picture was taken.:w00t:

So, do not be surprised if sometime the smell of your cheese does not make you hunger for more. Cheese can be intoxicating!:wink:

Again, WELCOME!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

@ Rusty, I did not realize I was not a full WIS but now I too have said the words and can lay claim to the honors that are now bestowed upon me!!:001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, he sure did.

If he hangs around here long enough that will surely change.

Time will tell.

Dave

Do I really want to hang around here, though?

:confused1:

Y'all seem to be rather fond of watches to an almost troubling degree... Don't get me wrong, you do it in the nicest possible way, but it's still troubling. And I'm completely normal!

Oh well, we'll wait and see what happens when my first Invicta drops gently into my waiting hands. Maybe it'll be :001_tt1: at first sight, and I'll become as stark rav..., I mean as nice as you lot are.

It's over to you now, Mr/s UPS person! Be gentle with that package, huh?

:glare:

·
Registered
759 Posts
What's really funny is that once you begin ordering, you'll develop a relationship with your UPS/FedEx/DHL delivery person because they come around so often... lol. We are more serious about watches than most anyone else, so are we nutty? We don't think so...lol..

TimeBender, what's that big copper guy in the middle?

·
Registered
416 Posts

Y'all seem to be rather fond of watches to an almost troubling degree... Don't get me wrong, you do it in the nicest possible way, but it's still troubling. And I'm completely normal!

It can get quite addictive. So after you get that first timepiece you may find yourself craving another, and another. It happens. Just ask my wife. :laugh:

Dave

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Big Copper Guy!

What's really funny is that once you begin ordering, you'll develop a relationship with your UPS/FedEx/DHL delivery person because they come around so often... lol. We are more serious about watches than most anyone else, so are we nutty? We don't think so...lol..

TimeBender, what's that big copper guy in the middle?
It is an, Invicta Men's ll Collection Blue Moon Diver Watch #4096.
Can be found for approx $130 on the web. I picked this up on a Sunday Run and with shipping it came in just under $100. I did not like it when it first arrived so I put it away in my watch box. Then as days went by and I kept looking at it, it grew on me. Now, I am glad I got it!:001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It can get quite addictive. So after you get that first timepiece you may find yourself craving another, and another. It happens. Just ask my wife. :laugh:

Dave
OK... I'll admit this:

If I absolutely LOVE my new buddy when it finally winds up on my wrist, I MAY consider looking out for a bona fide bargain Invicta companion for it. I certainly don't have the financial freedom to start buying watches like time is going out of fashion or anything, but I could POSSIBLY convince the bos... wife that another timepiece wearing a leather strap and dressed in a little more subtle color than the bright [but ever-so friendly] green of the 3310 wouldn't be too extravagant of a purchase.

BUT I'M NOT GOING TO END UP WITH CRATES FULL OF THE SUCKERS LIKE YOU ADDICTS!

:drool:

Um, sorry - I meant...

:001_tt2:

Happy New Year!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts